• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Ignition Switch Relocate

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
I've had quite a few customers over past few years that are annoyed with the ignition switch placement on the Winders and Vipers. Working on possible relocate kit which would contain an aluminum bracket powdercoated black, plug and play harness extension, plug to fill stock switch hole, and mounting hardware. Photo below is a potential concept for the relocate.

IMG_0338.jpg

I'd be in in that.awesome idea.

I do find the stock location to be a PITA while wearing gloves.

I think a better idea would be a push button start on the handlebar. All plug and play wiring. Keep the key in the stock location.

But you would still have to put the key in and turn it on in that tight spot to power the start button.

I would rather have the key in a different spot. I prefer to use the key for on off and start.

That’s easy trail side but what about going into a bar/restaurant. I know I’m not leaving it in the sled.

plus I heard there was a draw on the battery I would forget to remove the key when I park it for the night and come back to a dead battery.

That’s easy trail side but what about going into a bar/restaurant. I know I’m not leaving it in the sled.

Taking the key out of the sled would kill all power from the battery. And without the key the sled would not start.

With a key switch its all one step/motion assuming you always use key to turn sled off. If switch is in a more natural location I think that is more appealing than extra step of push button.

Taking the key out of the sled would kill all power from the battery. And without the key the sled would not start.
Yes I know. What I’m saying is you still have to turn the key on to power the start button, so your just adding a extra step, unless you stop on the trail a lot and then just use the kill switch.

I vote to just move it to a more convenient location where we can turn it with our gloves on!!

Back