• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Driveshaft Saver....Bearing Lock

I did use bearing mount Locktite so I built a puller to get it apart when it comes time to change gearing.

Sorry I mean bearing not gearing.

It's just a flat plate with holes drilled to match the three bearing/brake caliper bolt holes. Tighten them and it pushes on axle. I also plan to heat axle to release Locktite.

What type of loc tite did you use?

Do you think with a correct size pipe the new bearing could be driven on the shaft
Ms

I used bearing mount Locktite. You are going to need to get it apart sometime to change out the bearing so you still need to make it serviceable.

I just use bearing mount, will use a puller and heat to remove then.

Dan

IMG_4244.jpg

X2 for me. I added a couple of small dimples to shaft too. W Loctite, I know it will be a pia to get off again but at least shaft won't be spinning in bearing.
Agree....One could even drill two or three 1/8'' holes in the shaft(sorta like guys did for set screw but smaller dia) and therefore the bearing mount will have abit more bite. Could even just be drilled into the shaft 1/6" or so, so its not all the way thru shaft, then the loctite will dry since its anaerobic(cures in the absence of air).

Dan

What’s the best Bearing to use ?
Havent heard of any real issues with bearing itself unless neglected. This like the top gear bushing is another case where you better look at it and R/R it every year minumum. Caliper also. Look for the grooves the pads backing plates put in bottom of Caliper and Warranty it!

Shouldn't a normal puller kit using 3 bolts that thread into the bearing housing, pull that off the shaft quite easily - even with Loctite on it? You would have to split the caliper to get the disc out of the way of course...

MS
Should work. I don’t remember if I tried one.

Back