• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Driveshaft Saver....Bearing Lock

Is this even perfected yet..ready for the real world/ready for purchase??

Il
Still working on this. Tried a design easier to machine, but it didn't work. Here's a little demonstration video with the most successful version to date. Going to try one more design and hope to get sample made up end of week.

If you need a tester, sign me up.

I'll take one. I have 10000 kms on my 17 winder. I've repacked the bearing yearly but will be pulling it apart next week to inspect. My dealer told me they have replaced a few driveshafts under warranty. I asked them if I found mine worn once I pulled it apart if I could bring just the driveshaft in for warranty and they said "no" the whole sled is required. So they told me to put it all back together and bring the machine in. Does that sound crazy or what?

It all depends on your dealer and the kind of relationship you have with them. Technically they are supposed to do all the warranty work in their shop.

I'll take one. I have 10000 kms on my 17 winder. I've repacked the bearing yearly but will be pulling it apart next week to inspect. My dealer told me they have replaced a few driveshafts under warranty. I asked them if I found mine worn once I pulled it apart if I could bring just the driveshaft in for warranty and they said "no" the whole sled is required. So they told me to put it all back together and bring the machine in. Does that sound crazy or what?
Can you pull the brake caliper and repack the bearing then put the clip back on without pulling your suspension and ratchet strapping the tunel together

Is this even perfected yet..ready for the real world/ready for purchase??

Not yet in production. Been going back and forth with a few machine shops. Finalized one today that has capability to machine a 3 sided wedge at an reasonable price. My neighbor that makes up a lot of prototypes was not able to machine the 3 sided design. As demonstrated in previous posts the 2 sided wedge works, but I want to try a 3 sided version before settling on a design for production. We have plenty of time yet til the snow flys. The install will only be a 5 minute job anyway! ;)!

Can you pull the brake caliper and repack the bearing then put the clip back on without pulling your suspension and ratchet strapping the tunel together
Yes, you can do it by taking the caliper off completely or split the caliper. If you split the caliper you will need the gasket that goes between the caliper halves and then bleed the brake system. If you take the caliper off complete, you will need to loosen the track first and pull the shaft to line up the caliper and the bolt holes.

Not yet in production. Been going back and forth with a few machine shops. Finalized one today that has capability to machine a 3 sided wedge at an reasonable price. My neighbor that makes up a lot of prototypes was not able to machine the 3 sided design. As demonstrated in previous posts the 2 sided wedge works, but I want to try a 3 sided version before settling on a design for production. We have plenty of time yet til the snow flys. The install will only be a 5 minute job anyway! ;)!

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I believe the 3 sided version will be better.
I work in a machine shop and know what it takes to design,make and test ideas. Thanks for your efforts.

Back