• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of parts secondary buttons

apexgt4life

Expert
Doing some maintenance on sleds
Replacing secondary buttons

Barn of parts has for like 6 bucks for all

Yamaha wants 16 a piece

Aftermarket any good

16 a piece from yammi seems insane for what the are

The 3 rubber pads helix runs on

Yamaha wants 16 a piece

Aftermarket any good

All Barn of Parts stuff is good.

I source them from a distributor and have been selling them for few season now. Never got any negative feedback on them. I tell people even if they don't last as long as OEM, you can replace a few times and still be ahead.

Yamaha wants 16 a piece

Aftermarket any good

$13 a piece online, I always use OEM parts of maintenance. (IMO) aftermarket is no good.

After my last excursion down the 'aftermarket' path when replacing my secondary buttons, I opted to stick with OEM. This is by no means a knock on Travis or Barn of Parts because I have always been 100% satisfied with any and all of my purchases from him. I too was in the same boat when comparing what Yamaha wanted vs what I could get them from Dennis Kirk so I obviously went the cheaper route. Although they were suppose to be the exact same profile as what Yamaha used, I noticed the angled surface of the button that makes contact with the secondary was not the same and also the aftermarket ones had a rounded surface for this angled portion of the button but the OEM appeared to be more flat. Not even sure this would make a difference but I kept the aftermarket ones as an emergency backup and replaced with OEM.

I am running the cheap ones I found online in my apex now 1 season on them so far the boy put about 900 miles on that sled last year. I have not inspected the sled for this next year yet but they made it through the year for sure. I got a box of like 12 or so for I think 15 bucks so I figured I could change them out as often as needed at that price. they are easy to change and inspect.

Back