• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Steering Relocate $40

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
These have been on market for years, but decided to put together my own kit. I get lots of guys looking for used OFT kits so I put together the kit for guys wanting a more affordable option. They are up on my website if you want to purchase.

Plates are stainless steel, and kit includes all hardware needed to install it.

I'm hoping the relocate will allow my dual fan shroud to work with a trail tank. I will be confirming on a customer sled in the upcoming weeks.

IMG_6092.JPG
IMG_6093.JPG

Your relocate is just like mine, it gained me more than enough room to shove 1/4" shims behind the rad mount and the trail tank fit in like a glove after that. the moving of the rad forward also got the dual fan plate away from applying some pressure on the fuel rail or whatever it is right there.

Your relocate is just like mine, it gained me more than enough room to shove 1/4" shims behind the rad mount and the trail tank fit in like a glove after that. the moving of the rad forward also got the dual fan plate away from applying some pressure on the fuel rail or whatever it is right there.

Step 7 in my install instructions address the interference with the fuel rail. Did you install the shim washers on lower mount?

I was just made aware that the instructions link on website was not working....so maybe you were not able to view them.

I looked at the washers, couldn't figure them out, did the install and the light came on. Moving the rad forward even more made me just feel better that nothing would rub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to Bring up an old thread but I was wondering what gauge you used for the spacer? Also did you have to bend the lower studs any for the new angle? Thanks!

Sorry to Bring up an old thread but I was wondering what gauge you used for the spacer? Also did you have to bend the lower studs any for the new angle? Thanks!

I believe that all the relocate kits require you to give the studs a little bend to correct the angle geometry of the steering shaft (otherwise the machining is a little costly to add a degree or 2 to a spacer plate or machine an entire new mount). It's a little over rated, its not much bend at all and they are 99% as strong as before. The plates look to be .125. I made mine with 3/16 or .1875 stainless because it was cheap on ebay.

I believe that all the relocate kits require you to give the studs a little bend to correct the angle geometry of the steering shaft (otherwise the machining is a little costly to add a degree or 2 to a spacer plate or machine an entire new mount). It's a little over rated, its not much bend at all and they are 99% as strong as before. The plates look to be .125. I made mine with 3/16 or .1875 stainless because it was cheap on ebay.
So you made your own kit? I was thinking about doing that but was wondering what people used for material thicknesses. My only concern is that I ride a mostly backcountry so I need the brackets up but the handle bar to be strong as I cant afford to have that break out in the bush. I snapped a riser off last year and it was no fun getting the sled out of the woods.

Believe my lower shim is 3/16". The stud bending is more critical on the OFT kits as it uses an oil lite bushing in the lower block. The factory block is plastic which is much more forgiving and will absorb the slight angle change without binding like a rigid oil lite bushing block. Looking back over my install instructions I don't even call out bending the studs so I must not have even had to when I did the trial fit up on my sled.

I end up using 1.25x3/16 angle iron for the top mounts and flat 3/16 plate on the bottom mount and it works great. It's rock solid with the angle iron. Pretty excited to try it out once the snow flies.

Back