• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts Upper Idler Wheel Puller

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
Ironically the upper idler wheel bearings have a tighter tolerance fit up than the driveshaft and makes removing them somewhat of a pain. The Cat wheel puller is pricey so I've designed a puller that only requires drilling 2 holes in the idler wheel. It works very well and I will have some made up to sell if anyone is interested. Thinking I will retail for around $40.

Backing plate serves as a guide to drill the holes in idler wheel. Once holes are drilled you bolt assembly together and then just go back and forth running the nuts in until the wheel is off.

puller1.jpg
puller 3.jpg
puller 2.jpg
puller 4.jpg

VX1R

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Current Riders:
2021 SW SRX
2018 SW LTX-LE
Vintage Riders:
1980 Enticer 300 Twin
1986 Inviter
1996 Phazer Mt. Lite Mod
1998 Phazer Mt. Lite
I know...These are rookie numbers, I need more sleds!
Looks like a great idea Travis. Well done. I will be getting in touch with you to order one.

Turboflash

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 ZR9000 Ltd. PEFI Stg 4.
Ironically the upper idler wheel bearings have a tighter tolerance fit up than the driveshaft and makes removing them somewhat of a pain. The Cat wheel puller is pricey so I've designed a puller that only requires drilling 2 holes in the idler wheel. It works very well and I will have some made up to sell if anyone is interested. Thinking I will retail for around $40.

Backing plate serves as a guide to drill the holes in idler wheel. Once holes are drilled you bolt assembly together and then just go back and forth running the nuts in until the wheel is off.

View attachment 162071View attachment 162069View attachment 162070View attachment 162068
Great idea Travis. Many of us have struggled getting these wheels off more than once. Any concerns about applying the pulling force through the bearing? Any chance to brinnell the bearing or is the force needed to pull so small compared to the load capability of the bearing that it is not of concern?