• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Battery Charger

After doing some research, I bought an TecMate Optimate 4 because of the automating desulfating programming. I have always had just "chargers" so I will see if this prolongs life any. It was a little more $$$ but getting to the battery on my turbo Apex is a PITA, being buried under the intercooler and having to remove the headlight POD with all my gauges... I'm banking it will pay off.
I will switch it occasionally between my Viper and Apex.

After doing some research, I bought an TecMate Optimate 4 because of the automating desulfating programming. I have always had just "chargers" so I will see if this prolongs life any. It was a little more $$$ but getting to the battery on my turbo Apex is a PITA, being buried under the intercooler and having to remove the headlight POD with all my gauges... I'm banking it will pay off.
I will switch it occasionally between my Viper and Apex.
I have the same charger, haven't had a battery issue since I started using it.

Use an Optimate 3 charger. Have a fused SAE connectors on each on the sleds. No need to removed seat/body panels. Just plug in and your good. Have 7 seasons on the Phazer FX battery since going with the Optimate. So no complaints here.

i burnt out my 1st optimate and got the second one warm enough to turn the sticker brown recovering a bunch of 8 d batteries i used at camp on a solar system.

right now i am using a 4 channel noco genius on 4 of the 5 sleds and its little brother on the last one. been working well for the last 3 years.

Back