• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Battery Suggestions?

Snorunner

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Vector XTX
2017 Vector XTX
2001 Arctic Cat
My oldest Vector needs a battery. 4 years old now. Need to pick one up Friday. Choices will be limited to a yammi dealer, batteries plus and maybe Interstate.

My original battery in vector lasted 6year .kept on a smart charger..

Thanks for the advice. I admit I am paying for lack of maintenance. I have a battery tender junior. Should have used it more. I picked up an AGM glass mat today. 40 more cold cranking amps. But it is taking forever for battery tender junior to fully charge it. Even at room temperature. I wanted A Lithium battery. Due to higher cold cranking amps and lighter weight. However yammi dealer told me today. While I was buying Yamalube. That they do not work below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Not good!

Hey guys, Grimm is right stick to the original battery.the big one 18 h give out 315 cold starting cranks.lets not forget the lest piston you have the harder it is for a battery.my 2008 and 2012 have yuasa battery.here are the model number you need ytx20L-BS.

Thanks for the advice. I admit I am paying for lack of maintenance. I have a battery tender junior. Should have used it more. I picked up an AGM glass mat today. 40 more cold cranking amps. But it is taking forever for battery tender junior to fully charge it. Even at room temperature. I wanted A Lithium battery. Due to higher cold cranking amps and lighter weight. However yammi dealer told me today. While I was buying Yamalube. That they do not work below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Not good!
I haven't tried the lightweight batteries yet, but plenty on this site have used them successfully.

Used this one in my 11 XTX last fall, just had to remove the foam from around old battery. Turns over fast even when it was -40 a couple times. Just put another one in my 09 this weekend, much bigger then the Die Hard that was in there that cranked slow when below 0. Even comes with maintainer/charger.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BK51DB3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks! Looks like a great deal. I went with an AGM from batteries plus. Duracell. The encouraging thing was it was 70 cold cranking amps higher than stock. We will see.

I just installed an Earth X 14C in my Winder.

Wish I could have waited to get one of these. I had 2 storms back to back. I have 2 feet of snow in my yard now. I could not believe how heavy the battery I took out of my sled was. Of course the AGM replacement I put in was just as heavy. Only plus was I went from 270 CCA to 310. Next time I buy a battery I will get the Earth X 14C! Thanks for posting this.

Back