• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Be careful out there...

Sucks bud.
I was that guy not too long ago. Now it's my turn to dodge the bullets. Don't know how I would handle a major collision.

Peace bud......

Here's to a speedy recovery! Had a close call earlier this year as well, we touched skis too. This is the worst part, he was the 3rd sled of 3 in his group, I'm the 5th sled of 6 in our group. As he's coming at me he is still trying to hand signal me. I have GoPro video of the whole thing, you can hear me saying "what the %$#&^" before we touched skis. We went frame by frame that evening and my group was just amazed how far left of center this jackass was, you could put sleds to his right easily. Normal speed is just insane with my head snapping back and yelling a few more choice words....lol. I just don't get why people think they are all alone on any trail and can do what ever they want.

Thanks for sharing.
Again, where in Ontario did this occur?

So many drive way outside of their ability. Many take corners and have no clue how, much they crowd oncoming traffic for no reason.
Ms

That really sucks!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Plenty of safe spots on any trail system to let er rip and stay on your side. Punks!!

As you said, it won't help you heal or feel better but at least he was charged. Unlike with cars, you should be able to sue this jackwagon. Do you know if he was charged under provincial or criminal? He deserves a criminal record for this.

As you said, it won't help you heal or feel better but at least he was charged. Unlike with cars, you should be able to sue this jackwagon. Do you know if he was charged under provincial or criminal? He deserves a criminal record for this.
Careless Driving is Provincial. Dangerous Driving is Criminal.

The sled trail is under the highway traffic act so would be the same as in a car. Exploring legal options but thanks to our liberal government, lawsuits do not yield much these days. Insurance companies are off the hook for the first $40,000 and are only responsible for no more than 70% income replacement. It’s very frustrating.

Thanks all for your messages. Sure do appreciate this site and all its members

Man that sucks. I really wish you good health. I have seen this so many times this year. It's getting worse guys or I'm getting older. No some of these are just plain assholes and rude. They don't slow down for on coming riders and they ride the center way to much. I lead and I'm telling you guys are way out of control. It's funny but when I see the family out riding and double riders it's totally different. This year I'm stopped on trail with another sled. Guys on yellow come by at 50 mph. I honestly can not believe the way some of these guys ride. I ride HARD right where appropriate. And is it yellow and your imortal? Not ripping and brand but 90 percent assholes I run into are running yellow. And it's funny because they are suppose to handle so well. LOL

Man I have same color sled. I can't even look at those pics. Makes me sick. Can't imagine what that is like. Sorry for double post. Just this stuff fires me up. Rant over. Speedy recovery.

Man I have same color sled. I can't even look at those pics. Makes me sick. Can't imagine what that is like. Sorry for double post. Just this stuff fires me up. Rant over. Speedy recovery.

Thanks a lot. It happens quick. Sleds keep getting faster and people don’t seem to get any smarter! No surprise that accidents and fatalities continue to rise year after year.
I usually lead the group as well and have had more close calls this year then ever.

Criminal code applies anywhere but him " losing control" or merely driving to fast does not meet the grounds for dangerous operation. An independent witness would be needed to explain how reckless he was driving prior to the collision.

Last edited:
Must be do the doo the doo year as I've seen 2 doos hit trees and one rollover,

Glad you are recovering. I usually lead unless on some of the ty rides and have had the close calls too.

Back