• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bearing grease

DennyTuna

RIP-Logan-Dylan-Never forgotten!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 Winder LTX 50th
16 SR Viper RTX (red)
02 SX Viper ER (red)
97 SX Vmax 600 (red)
Been repacking bogey wheel, drive shaft, jack shaft and stub shaft bearing on the fleet (3 winders, 3 Vipers) and the conversation about whether were using the best grease for the job has come up. My question is what type of grease are you using for these bearings? We are using Yamalube grease and its ok but we are seeing some bogey wheels that are holding water. Looking to change to a better grease for all these applications and know better place than the great minds of TY.

Been repacking bogey wheel, drive shaft, jack shaft and stub shaft bearing on the fleet (3 winders, 3 Vipers) and the conversation about whether were using the best grease for the job has come up. My question is what type of grease are you using for these bearings? We are using Yamalube grease and its ok but we are seeing some bogey wheels that are holding water. Looking to change to a better grease for all these applications and know better place than the great minds of TY.

I have been using a "red and tacky" wheel bearing grease, forget the manufacturer. Have done so for several years and no failures yet.

I switched to mobile 1 full synthetic a couple years ago. To soon to tell but it holds up really well after a season of riding, average about 3000 miles.

Mobile1 Molylube which is full synthetic been using it for years. It does not break down and cake like the others and does a good job of preventing water retention.

depends on what i have in the needle greaser at the time. it has had amsoil synthetic in there as well as some old esso green grease that was left over from when i cleaned out my grand fathers garage 20 years ago and it was old then. still works good and i do the idler wheels on the high milage/use sleds every season with the speedo bearing (when they had rubber seals, damn tin ones)

I use mobile one synthetic. Works good. Still loose the odd wheel bearing with rough spots but I buy cheap wheel bearings and usually loose one or two a year. Jack shaft and axle bearings are original never changed just cleaned and repacked every year.

Thanks for the reply's! Picked up a tube of Mobile1 synthetic grease. Yesterday was home power tool maintenance day, changed oil in mowers, power washer, cyclone rake, generator and snow blowers (with Mobile1 5w 30 full synthetic). Used the grease for mowers blade hubs and axles. Good flow, very tacky.....seems to be the ticket

Back