• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bearings inside chaincase

jonlafon1

Lifetime Member
Mount Morris, WI. Chaney Lake, Upper MI eh!
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder LTX_SE

2024 Catalyst RXC

2017 Sidewinder LTX-SE. 11750 miles (SOLD)
Anyone replace these yet? Anyone have a lead on better bearings besides OEM? Thinking about replacing them soon. If not this preseason by the end of year. Either bearing pressed on? Pretty sure the top is not but not sure about bottom. I realize these should be good for 10k? But wondering if anyone had any thoughts or have done them?
thanks. Jon

the bottom its pressed in. heat the chain case around the bearing with a heat gun. there also a seal at the back of it. heat it also with a heat gun, easier to remove. put the new bearing in the freezer before to install.

the bottom its pressed in. heat the chain case around the bearing with a heat gun. there also a seal at the back of it. heat it also with a heat gun, easier to remove. put the new bearing in the freezer before to install.
Thanks brother. The bottom should last a long time. It’s riding in lube alot

Does anyone know if the assembly/ drive shaft with drivers come with a new bearing on that shaft? I had the shaft and drive bearing on brake side replaced but I’m wondering about the drive shaft bearing on chain case side?

Does anyone know if the assembly/ drive shaft with drivers come with a new bearing on that shaft? I had the shaft and drive bearing on brake side replaced but I’m wondering about the drive shaft bearing on chain case side?
Mine didn't.

Just did mine. Replaced them with FAG brand bearings. I removed the whole inner case and just pushed them out with a seal driver. Good time to do the left side bearing also. That bearing is Yamaha only.

Just did mine. Replaced them with FAG brand bearings. I removed the whole inner case and just pushed them out with a seal driver. Good time to do the left side bearing also. That bearing is Yamaha only.
What do you mean by "that bearing is yamaha only?"

Anyone replace these yet? Anyone have a lead on better bearings besides OEM? Thinking about replacing them soon. If not this preseason by the end of year. Either bearing pressed on? Pretty sure the top is not but not sure about bottom. I realize these should be good for 10k? But wondering if anyone had any thoughts or have done them?
thanks. Jon
Both run in an oil bath so unless there was some other reason, I doubt they need replacing. They should last a very long time.

I was changing my track anyway so I decided to do it all while I was in there

Hey John,
Good to see your back! You must have been catching a lot of fish this past open water season! Missed you!
If you need those drivers pressed on I can do them for ya. :) just remember if you do them they are indexed onto the shaft, so keep them both the same.

PS big snow up by your cabin yesterday and today!

What track did you go with BTW?

What track did you go with BTW?
Hey bud thanks. Great fishing this fall. Actually guided a little for musky. Not my species of choice but when someone has a bucket list I was happy to boat a nice 42”. I went with the same track that came on sled. Rip saw2. I know your going to rip me for that, but I liked that track with my stud pattern. She hooked out of the hole quite nicely. Going just slightly longer on studs. 1.425 gold diggers. I’m thinking I will just replace both the chaincase and jack shaft secondary side after this year. The dealer said the 2 inside looked really good. Thanks for the offer and I will take you up on that after this season. I will shoot you some dates when I will be UP. YOUR welcome to come up again.

The new shaft comes with new drivers on it already. But I could use your help on those bearings that are pressed on.
Bearings are not pressed on. That's the whole problem. Both sides, the shaft just slips inside bearings. UNLESS, one does something to change all that.

Back