• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bearings inside chaincase

The new shaft comes with new drivers on it already. But I could use your help on those bearings that are pressed on.
I was told the shaft comes with or without the drivers .
It may be less expensive if the dealer is doing the work to pay the extra for the complete shaft with drivers , rather than paying them to take them off and press them on the new shaft.

I was told the shaft comes with or without the drivers .
It may be less expensive if the dealer is doing the work to pay the extra for the complete shaft with drivers , rather than paying them to take them off and press them on the new shaft.
Its a whole assembly WITH the drivers on it already..

So both the bearings inside the case are just held in with ?
Chain case side - bearing is installed from inside chain case and is held with spiral snap ring (Seal must be installed first).
Brake caliper side, bearing is installed into inside caliper housing and is held with a spiral snap ring. In both cases, some find they need to either warm up the case, or lightly press the bearing into housing. Some say bearing slips into housings. I heard it both ways.

Chain case side - bearing is installed from inside chain case and is held with spiral snap ring (Seal must be installed first).
Brake caliper side, bearing is installed into inside caliper housing and is held with a spiral snap ring. In both cases, some find they need to either warm up the case, or lightly press the bearing into housing. Some say bearing slips into housings. I heard it both ways.
Thanks.. Yes I knew about brake side..

Bearings are not pressed on. That's the whole problem. Both sides, the shaft just slips inside bearings. UNLESS, one does something to change all that.

Yea Jon it’s important for ya to get the BOP bearing lock wedge, I would put it on before the start of this season. You can always transfer it to your new shaft next spring.

Yea Jon it’s important for ya to get the BOP bearing lock wedge, I would put it on before the start of this season. You can always transfer it to your new shaft next spring.
Got one a few weeks ago. New shaft and bearing under warranty, done already.. Actually putting a BETTER bearing in then stock on that shaft. Doing that today.. pretty much revamping everything, as I have the skid out. New wheels should be hear today.. My plan is to put a better bearing on the shaft and use the BOP fix.. Also got a few other things coming.. Cannondale shock rebuild.. Figured i would run through it all with 7200 miles.. I was asking about the bearings in the case, but thinking I will leave them be until I hit 10k which will be close after this year.

Back