• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belly pan rivet removal.

Kkurz

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 XF7000 Sno-Pro Limited
(Yamaha powered)
I've seen on here that guys have drilled the rivets that hold the belly pans on both sides out and replaced them with removable ones. Can anyone tell me what you used? Where to get them, and have they stood up to the abuse? If it helps, I'm in Cacnada but I guess I could order online.

Many have replaced with rivnuts. Do a search for ROCKERDAN’s build thread, it’s a Sidewinder but same chassis. He has great instructions and photos.

Last edited:
I just did mine and used this Riv-nut tool kit worked well! I also took Rockerdans advice! only note is no need to drill out rivets around the exhaust pipe as I ended up just putting rivets back in.

only note is no need to drill out rivets around the exhaust pipe as I ended up just putting rivets back in.
I'm missing something here... doesn't putting rivets back in defeat the purpose? I would think you want them all replaced so it becomes a bolt-only removal and Installation....

I'm missing something here... doesn't putting rivets back in defeat the purpose? I would think you want them all replaced so it becomes a bolt-only removal and Installation....
I only put rivets back in around the pipe exit hole that just holds the metal ring in. all support structure rivet holes were rive nutted. sorry for the confusion.

I only put rivets back in around the pipe exit hole that just holds the metal ring in. all support structure rivet holes were rive nutted. sorry for the confusion.
Got it, perfectly clear now, thanks for the reply!

Back