• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BELT PROBLEMS!!!

rage man..
not bad, but unless your into a belt longevity contest then i'd replace it in the luxury of your garage.
Mine looked pretty good at KM 6k last year start but it blew on me on a lake at WOT in a way that i wish i'd be in the garage.
Should have seen the darn thing all wrapped aroud springs, cam and all. Only pliers, side cutter, knife & frozen finger did the job.... tellin ya, this 8DN got some tought DNA in it.
Hope for you you get a friendly blow out of it.. lol
...and yes.. i still find pieces of it once in a while.

hondo said:
I had a belt come apart last year as described in the original post, however my belt had over 9,000 miles on it.

The temp was -9 degF and I went to a high power setting on a long stretch of road.

I felt putting over 9,000 miles on a belt was pretty good belt life. ;)!

I'd write a letter to Yamaha and complain maybe they'd warranty it...... :)

well last week i went to the dealer and baught a new belt and took the old one off that was half gone (the one i got warratied for last year) and compared my old belt to my new belt and they looked nothing alike the one i got waratied on last year was thinner looking and just not as good looking looked nothing like the yamaha belt so i think that belt the dealer warratied me on last year was a piece of crap belt they had laying around. had put my new belt on and have almost 200 miles on it without and problems at all.

belts

Check to see if your belt is hitting on the rivets under the belt guard, where the spare belt holders are attached,. If you get a slight depression in the guard the belt may hit it. I ground the rivets flat and made sure the guard was bowed oout toward the hood, solved my belt problems.

Back