• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt temp gauge

THEPASMAN

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
just wondering where guys are sourcing there razor back temp gauges from

Got mine directly from them about 3 years ago. Not sure if they sell direct any more though.

Mine came direct as well, didnt find any savings anywhere else at the time I was buying. You'll love it, pricey little gauge but well worth it.

So what you see temp wise with gauge , bad setup versus good setup ?
yes, you can monitor your temps as you make changes and see whats really going on throughout the whole shift curve. Helps to find the balance of what feels good and keeps your clutches/belt happy temp wise. Also good for preventing blowing of belts if riding hard in deep snow where belt heat is kinda unavoidable, easy to see when its time to back off and let things cool down and avoid making a mess in the bellypan.

I can see it would be an asset for tuning. Having trouble finding someone that sells it north of the border. It looks like you can get direct from Razorback

One of the best additions I've ever done to sled. Tells you allot about your clutch setup, when it's time to lift.

Attachments

• IR belt temp gage2.1.jpg
    IR belt temp gage2.1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 167
I checked with "technical" folks at Timken, Gates, and Dayco a few years ago when I first got my gage. The general consensus was at 225 deg F the adhesives and compounds that hold the belt together start to breakdown and the belt will come apart. That doesn't mean one time at 225 and the belt is done but you're in the danger zone. One of the best features of the Razorback gage is the ability to get the gage programmed to change the light colors at your setpoints. I can see my light color out of the corner of my eyes even at WOT. My gage light is programmed (by factory) to be green up to 200F. Changes to orange at 200. Changes to red at 215 and begins flashing red at 220.
Good news is I only have seen orange once after a long pull. IMO if you're seeing temps over about 175-180 your clutching might need some "adjusting."

I have mine installed to the left of the gauge, which was relocated for the CoPiTrail setup. I had them set up the lights for: Green to 170 F, Orange to 200 F, Red to 210 F, Red flashing at or above 211+ F
IMG_6517.jpg

Just awesome technology. Betting some guys would have this paid for with all the blown belts? Can't remember the guy(soupy maybe) but a member had blown up like 7-8 belts? Guessing 7 belts would cost the same as this gauge ? depending on which belt your running. Next sled will be getting one of these

Back