• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt Wear indications.

hmmrdwn

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder LTX-SE
Wow. I am just about cross eyed tried to find somewhere that shows me pictures of typical belt wear, what is normal and what is bad. Anyone have any pics of when an 8JP is starting to go or what to look for?

Sidewinder belts blow, they don't wear. LOL! They also give no indicator of when they are about to let go till it goes pop.

Were all hoping that changes this season, if we ever get a season. Mid 40's here this last week.

If you look up belt specs it will give you a minimum width!! Measure with calipers

yea i know that part but mean if it shiny or dull. how about temps. how hot is to hot? if i do a couple of good wot runs how hot is too hot? it shouldnt be so hot it burns my hand right? i would expect some warmth.

im worried about those little cracks on the bottom cogs of the belt. pretty sure i did that trying to get it off. belt has 1200kms/750 miles on it.

Attachments

• 20190105_180801.jpg
    20190105_180801.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 109
im worried about those little cracks on the bottom cogs of the belt. pretty sure i did that trying to get it off. belt has 1200kms/750 miles on it.

Correct, this is caused when putting belt on. No worries, it happens.

ok good. i was just worried it was a sign of grenade waiting to happen. lol

Wow. I am just about cross eyed tried to find somewhere that shows me pictures of typical belt wear, what is normal and what is bad. Anyone have any pics of when an 8JP is starting to go or what to look for?

X2

All the belt dust from the 8JP is an indicator of wear. Like others have stated.....measure it to make sure it's within spec. I have bought my last 8JP. It took me hours to clean up the mess they leave behind. I don't even care if i lose a little performance at this point!

Back