• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bender Exhaust Broken!!

Iceman57 said:
That pipe broke in the transition zone or demarcation area next to the toe of the weld. That area will be the weakest area of the pipe due to the heat transferred to that area from the welding process. There doesn't seem to be any undercut at all to weaken the stainless. I would put my money on the Stainless being a low quality alloy maybe from an overseas supplier.

P1020332-3.jpg

I completely agree. It doesn't look like the weld was done wrong, it looks like poor material properties. As Iceman said, that is the weakest point since it is the beginning of the Heat Affected Zone. May be cheap material.

Just an update

As expected, their customer service sucks!

Been calling them non stop, using up my long distance money, and still nothing.

No replies to my emails, nothing!!

This has been months now, im running out of ideas...

Forget about it.... Send there name to the business burreau. Have the pipe re-welded and sell it and buy an Excel.

485...made a call for you..their computers have been down...they are waiting for you to send it in to get checked out ...call mike at bender racing 716-941-5840

also..Im p.m.ing u with his personal cell phone..

Called both numbers several times and left messages with both my cell number and home number and got absolutely no replies.

I have yet to talk to anyone regarding this, and I have been trying since the winter.

I also call during the day, so they should be there, and Im thinking of also getting them to pay me for all the long distance calls I have had to make.

This is definately feeling hopeless.....

I know they want to take care of this....they said they wanted it sent in.. p.m. me your number and I'll work on it for..

sj,
If Bender is willing to resolve this problem, why do you have to get involved. After all these months, it's obvious Bender does't give a damn about their customers. I learned this years ago.

Hammer has more patient than I would be.

well hammer led me to believe he's busy during the day...when their open..so I figured I could pull it together..

also...they're waiting for the pipe back..

dude it's summertime...I'd call in the mornings...I suppose most shops are limited hours ..

Finally, I got through to them.

I am going to send them the exhaust!

What would the chances be that I dont have to pay shipping?, haha

Thanks again sj, ill post how it all goes down.

Back