• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BENDER TURBO turbo time powerhaulic sled head

Turbo lover

Veteran
I am new to this site, mostly hang out and post on american snowmobiler website, anyways, I have a few questions for you guys. I have a bender turbo and so do 3 other friends of mine. Could you guys email me your email addresses? Turbo time, like the nitrous set up and have some questions about that.

Sledhead George---wanted to ask you some comparisons about the mc express.
thanks

please email me at pemling@arcadiabluffs.com

Thanks for the replys!! Is anyone with the bender stage 2 that is running the turbo oiler off of the engine having problems with oil getting past the seals and into the intercooler and of course the motor?? I have gone back to the pump and tank in the rear.

Turbo lover said:
Thanks for the replys!! Is anyone with the bender stage 2 that is running the turbo oiler off of the engine having problems with oil getting past the seals and into the intercooler and of course the motor?? I have gone back to the pump and tank in the rear.

There is a fix for that problem, call Bender.

tried the fix still doing it. May have found the problem. oil pump quit this weekend while riding.

Turbo lover said:
tried the fix still doing it. May have found the problem. oil pump quit this weekend while riding.

That would definately cause oil to blow past the seals

How long do you idle the engine before shutting it off?

If the engine is shut off too quickly, (before engine oil pressure drops) it will bleed past the seals into the turbo housing, as the return pump stops running. I think there should be a delay relay on the oil pump to keep it running 45sec. after shutdown.

depends on how hot the oil and turbine is..... other than racing several runs, i let it run for just a couple seconds..... if i just made two or three hard runs,,,, i let it run 30-60 seconds......

The turbo pushing oil can be cause by numrous differnet things. I have worked with my share of turbos. If your oil pump went out and your turbo did not get oil your turbo brg. can be scored within seconds I don't know if you guys realize you think the enigne spind fast at 10,000 rpm's but that turbo is probalbly spinning about 100,000 to 120,000 rpm's maybe more. If you want to talk more about turbo failure you can call me. Thats way I am going to go with CPR's kit in my opinion they have the best setup.

You don't know how the Bender system operates apparently. the oil pump does not supply the turbo, it scavenges it back to the dry sump reservoir.

If it malfunctions (rare) oil can be pumped past the mechanical seals into the compressor housing.

You are entitled to your opinion about turbos, and so am I, I believe the Bender system is the superior system. 8)

Oh yea, I have quite a bit of experience with turbos also. Be happy to help you if you need it. :wink:

Powerhaulic is correct. The pump with the Bender system does NOT supply oil. He is also correct in what would happen of the pump went out.

I'm sure the Simons kit will treat you well, but make sure you understand the Bender system before you knock it.

So how does the CPR kit get oil and return it?

yes you are coorrect your getting a restriction in the return not knocking the bender kit but I feel having the turbo so far from the engine is a disadvantage like I sad my opinion. Why don't you see any applications in the oem field (cars, trucks,boats,etc.) where the turbo is 4 to 5 feet from the engine they mount them as close the the engine as possible. I deal with all the turbo manufactors (Garrett,IHI,Mitsu,Borg Warner,Rajay,KKK) every day thats my business.

Back