• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bent key

porkchop

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro Nation
Been on 2 rides since getting the sled in Sept.
Put the windshield on and now noticed that the key is bent from the bracing hitting it when the bars are turned all the way.
This another '07 "common" problem when running a windshield?

Can a dealer make or have another key for just in case?....

mine doesnt even come close to the key, weird.. b sure u dont have the bracket upside down, maybe that would cause it.. and yes their is a # stamped on the key..you will need that to get a spare.

The mounting bracket can go either way, huh?

Guy I ride with has an '07 FX as well and his keys been tweaked since '07 he said (he has no spare either)- just took the windshield off.

RayKnobs said:
I have installed it both ways, cross bar on the bottom and cross bar on the top. It didn't seem to look very different.

I think its all has to do with the slop in the steering, at first the key was not even close to hitting; back when the steering was new and tight. Now with only 2000 miles its the loosest sled i have ever ridden and the windshield bracket hits the key now enough to engage the starter when its already running, next mod for the phazer is gonna be the UP bushman kits to fix this horsecrap for good.

I do have alot of play in the steering & agree I probally need both bushing kits as well.

$$$$ is tighter than a frog's #*$&@ & my steering right now though. :o|

I've heard the windshield will be either higher or lower depending on which way you have the bracket flipped. I've also heard a guy took off his wifes windshield backing into his garage and his missed because of the bracket flipped, from the same dealer. Try it?

spike337 said:
I've heard the windshield will be either higher or lower depending on which way you have the bracket flipped. I've also heard a guy took off his wifes windshield backing into his garage and his missed because of the bracket flipped, from the same dealer. Try it?

I've got an 8' high garage door, quite certain it's not gonna make a difference there LOL ;)! :tg:

Have to take a look at it and see...

RIGIDONE said:
mine doesnt even come close to the key, weird.. b sure u dont have the bracket upside down, maybe that would cause it.. and yes their is a # stamped on the key..you will need that to get a spare.

Here is the problem it will take Yamaha about 1 month to make and send you the key.

Now if you break it you can get a new switch and keys for about $40 maybe more I don't remember when I lost my keys, and it will probably be at you dealer with in a day or two.

Don't you normally get a spare key with a sled? So if you order a new key, you should still have the spare to use while you wait for it to come in.

About the first thing i do when i get a new ride home, hide a spare key on it.
That was a bonus with the race sleds, no key!

The spare was in my house and my mom threw it in the scrap pile because she thought it was to something my dad bought a long time ago, the main one fell out of my hand when I took it out going from the sled to the house never found it until the summer. Instead of wait I order a new switch. I broke open the switch and taped the contact point together and pull started the sled (pull started cord warped around the primary clutch).

Back