• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bent Lower arm and sheared bolt

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Digging in! Still can remove that front in half hr or less. Just glad daughter wasn’t hurt at all. Scary! Went right over and through windshield. Helmet junk not a scratch or bruise on her. We were so lucky.
99B59F9F-D477-4E28-A206-376DF501E1B3.jpeg
7DD62260-37D7-494C-99E0-A3EDD9E8925D.jpeg
D031DEEF-8551-4881-B3EB-6F4AEFDE534D.jpeg

I'm still waiting for my Phazer to suddenly spit me off into the trees. My last tree incident was 22 years ago on a ZR600. I was uninjured and the bent up a-arms still got me through the rest of the day somehow.

Looks like it might be possible to straighten it if there's no kinks. The grease zerks are a great add-on, I have to add those to mine this summer when I replace the bushings.

Good to hear no one ended up in the hospital.

I'm still waiting for my Phazer to suddenly spit me off into the trees. My last tree incident was 22 years ago on a ZR600. I was uninjured and the bent up a-arms still got me through the rest of the day somehow.

Looks like it might be possible to straighten it if there's no kinks. The grease zerks are a great add-on, I have to add those to mine this summer when I replace the bushings.

I was just looking at those and were like, did I miss some grease points LOL

Thanks. Arm is bent bad at end but BOP fixed me up! Whole lot more grease points on inside. Everything is still tight God knows how many years later. Oh it wasnt the Phazer that spit her into tree. She just wasnt paying attention. Its been a common occurrence with youngest. Its really the best of times riding with her but I am going to take a different approach. Max speed 35 mph. Just like when I lead the club rides. I still enjoy it and as long as I can keep her from rear ending me it should limit incidents.

more at the front pivots you can’t see.
9868D228-42CB-48D6-A66A-63477A4B7DC4.jpeg
174B7A11-A105-44D3-99E7-E396D45C5AFC.jpeg

I did manage to straighten the shock shaft. So thats a big one off list. Will have to weld a washer to the front hole bolt goes through for a-arm. She got a bit egged and bent.
DB254FAF-E8B7-48EB-96BA-438DD92648B1.jpeg

I would think you still will have some bend on the shaft, even if it looks good to your eye. Did you check it to see if it is still bent?

odds are he rolled it on a table with it all apart and masaged it back straight so it rolled smoothly. that is how i check/repair any bent shafts on my sled stuff and at work.

I would think you still will have some bend on the shaft, even if it looks good to your eye. Did you check it to see if it is still bent?
Yes that pic is bent. I still didn’t get it back together but it’s straight. Rolled on glass and indicated on Lathe.

Glad she's alright Cannon. That's the most important part. Had a few close calls with my son last year. He was try to keep up with the pack and he was too new to the sport to do that. I told him to relax and ride at a pace he:s comfortable with. I stay back with him and we have communicators which really helps to talk about situations as they arise. By the end of the year it was night and day difference in his ability.

Back