• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bent/warped jackshaft possible?

Took chain out of case and still vibrates.
Rotor is off also.
Get buddies secondary tomorrow and if still vibrates after trying his then only thing left is the jackshaft.
With secondary removed&chain removed how does the jackshaft feel when turning.also did you have the whole jackshaft out?also try a different belt even though you have a new one on there,clutch alignment is correct? assume you don't have vibration with belt off?

With secondary removed&chain removed how does the jackshaft feel when turning.also did you have the whole jackshaft out?also try a different belt even though you have a new one on there,clutch alignment is correct? assume you don't have vibration with belt off?

Absolutely could be fluted bearings!

With belt off and chain off I spun
The secondary using a drill and socket on the secondary bolt. I still feel the vibration.

I did have the whole jackshaft out when i started the project and was putting new bearings everywhere.

What do you mean by fluted bearings?

The secondary using a drill and socket on the secondary bolt. I still feel the vibration.

I did have the whole jackshaft out when i started the project and was putting new bearings everywhere.

Well there's your problem then.jackshaft has bad bearings or possibly a spacer installed wrong etc.has to come apart&check all pieces for proper direction& then check each bearing.what clutch master means is the race of the new bearing is defective/grooved causing the vibration

Did you check the secondary clutch for runout?
That’s about all I can come up with.

You should probably be able to see it with the naked eye if it’s that bad

I would remove the secondary clutch&spin the shaft with your drill again to take the secondary out of the equation

I would remove the secondary clutch&spin the shaft with your drill again to take the secondary out of the equation
Tried that, but hard to tell because the bolt isn't true

I'm frustrated now.
Just gonna get a jackshaft from barn of parts and go from there.

Tried that, but hard to tell because the bolt isn't true

I'm frustrated now.
Just gonna get a jackshaft from barn of parts and go from there.
When you had the jackshaft apart there is a bearing collar nut (that can go on two different ways)did you verify it is installed correctly?it's been discussed&caused many problems in the past.according to your dial indicator measurements I don't believe your shaft is bent,when you just turn it by hand with everything else taken off does it seem rough?it should turn very smooth

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
Turns nice and smooth, but when spun fast you can feel the vibration. New bearings both sides.

I was confused and made a post long ago asking about that nut.
It's goes on this way easily and hard as hell if you flip it.

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/jackshaft-spanner-nut-which-way-does-it-go-on.157349/

Last edited:
View attachment 149238 Turns nice and smooth, but when spun fast you can feel the vibration. New bearings both sides.

I was confused and made a post long ago asking about that nut.
It's goes on this way easily and hard as hell if you flip it.

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/jackshaft-spanner-nut-which-way-does-it-go-on.157349/
Yes the parts fische is incorrect,you have it facing the correct way.are these yamaha bearings?how hard did it come apart originally?I would pull a seal&clean out the bearings&make sure all of the balls&races look good.its rare but not impossible to have a bad bearing.its also possible the shaft is bent but seems the dial indicator would have picked that up.

Back