• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bergstrom bars

06apexrtx

Expert
this is just my opinion on his bussiness practice and an email i sent his decding not to wait until christmas lol please tell me if this is wrong to post here. a copy of the email
"Mr. bergstrom, since I ordered these carbides from you on 10/27/08 and since then you have given me 2 separate emails telling me that they were going to ship this week(2 weeks ago) I guess I will not wait for you to decide that my business is important enough to tend too . so you can forget the order and keep your product. Im not impressed on how this business is run so I’ll be passing on this information to others. Signed an unhappy customer steve"

It's weird; I hear the same story about this guy all the time. Everyone says just wait it's worth it. Maybe it is, but I just don't understand why he can't get these things done. He must have a lot going on or something, a friend of mine ordered them in Oct. of 06' and didn't get them till March of 07' the season was over! It seems like people like the guy, he just can't get his product out the door. I would like to try them but I don't want to support companies that don't operate the way they should. When I buy something I expect to receive it in a timely fashion. Back orders and other issues happen; I understand that but too many times I’ve read about issues with this guy.

Same experience here. Great product, great guy, very slow delivery with many missed delivery promises.

They make the products when they get carbide, their carbide is much harder than the competition, they also send back a majority of it that doesn't meet their specs. Once they do get it in they burn through it very quickly filling orders. I do agree and am not sticking up for them just letting you know what their deal is. They are a great product and last a long long time, well worth the money and wait. Just my .02 cents worth.

wait, you think ordering something in oct. is too late in the year?? i understand being busy and what not, but what i didnt post was his emails he sewnt to me telling me he was shipping them out 2 weeks ago. maybe its just me but i would not do bussiness that way. it may be the best product in the world, but doesnt do any good when you cant get them.

I've experienced the same treatment as you 06apexrtx. I heard the same "busy" story, yet when he's trying to sell you his product, he'll talk your ear off. My wait was close to 6 weeks and when I tried installing his "superior" product, a bolt snapped off the weld on one of the runners and I split a "ski saver" in half. I sent them back and went with the Deuce bars, got them in 2 days.

A year later, I managed to find a pair of Bergstroms through Dennis Kirk. They were on clearance. My guess was that he had trouble supplying Dennis Kirk with runners and they stopped using him as a supplier.

I did manage to use a set for a year and was impressed with the performance and durability of the product. Unfortunately, I hit a good sized rock and bent the living ratsh*t out of them. I'd consider using them again in the future, depending upon when I need them.

I tried to order over 2 weeks ago including email and my phone but no one got back to me. I have just installed a set of Cobra Heads instead from Qualipiecs. This should be interesting! IMO an email or call letting you know delivery etc doesnt cost much.

LazyBastard said:
I bent one of mine too.. took it off, hammered it straight, good as new ;)

Thinking back now, mine even broke into 2 pieces, plus the carbide pieces broke apart too.

I ordered 3 sets of his triple edge bars 3 weeks ago today. He thought 2 weeks for completion, which concerned me seeing the above comments and now I'm 3 weeks out from my order date. Low and behold, he called me today saying they were done!! Maybe he is getting caught up. I think it does help when I have the luxury of walking into his shop. I'll share the concerns and good comments noted above and other places in TY when I see him today. His product is soooo good, I'd hate to see him go away or get a bad rap out there.

I have not had any probelms what so ever with Bergstrom. I ordered the carbides in mid September and received them mid October. Just my 2 cents but waiting 4-6 weeks for such a superior product should not be an issue. People wait years to buy a particular car and I think that's a little extreme. Although, I do have a problem with a business telling you it will be shipped in 2 weeks and it doesn't happen.

bankershrs said:
I ordered 3 sets of his triple edge bars 3 weeks ago today. He thought 2 weeks for completion, which concerned me seeing the above comments and now I'm 3 weeks out from my order date. Low and behold, he called me today saying they were done!! Maybe he is getting caught up. I think it does help when I have the luxury of walking into his shop. I'll share the concerns and good comments noted above and other places in TY when I see him today. His product is soooo good, I'd hate to see him go away or get a bad rap out there.
you ordered them 3 weeks ago and got them already??i guess it pays to be able to be in the area. as far as giving him a bad rap, my point was just to imform of what my experince was.

Just got my new triple points today. Second set I have ordered from him. I emailed him back in July for an Oct delivery. I didn't hear from him in Oct at all and had to send a couple of reminder emails. He eventually got back to me a couple of weeks ago. Picked them up at the Post Office today.

The wait wasn't a big deal to me as I can't ride yet anyway.

Kevin

Back