• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

best budget apex ski?

mikextx

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 apex xtx
whats the best ski i can use on my apex xtx to rail corners? Thinking about using apex single keel mtn. skis with aggresive snow trackers. Really not looking to spend a small fortune. Thanks

I assume you have used these skis on an Apex? What carbides did you use?

Arrows or Arrow 2s? Thanks

I have Arrows on my 40th Apex with 30,000kms and love them. Had them on the wife's Vector also and then moved them to the daughter's 07' Phazer with great results.
I usually run Woodys carbides.

Before I changed my skis, and being a light rider....my Apex was a darting rolling death wagon. Anything above 35 and it would shoot in random directions.

I put Curve skis on with Slim Jims....and I’m telling ‘ya, it rails the corners like it’s on tracks.

Don’t underestimate the importance of your shock settings though. Floats suck. At the very least, add HighGear’s remote dual pressure kit.

I get the deal about keeping costs down....but I don’t regret spending a bit more. Life is short, the season is too. I would guess the mountain ski with trackers would function the same.

Good luck.

Q. Arrius

Thanks guys. Being 146 with studs, it likes to push through the twistys. I can't really complain about the stock tuner skis, they seemed to work pretty good before i studded it. They kinda suck now. Even with two 8" shapers on both sides.

I had the aggressive snow trackers on my factory tuner skis on my 2016 Apex 146, and I found they were great when trail conditions were hard packed and cold out, but when the temperature was on the warmer side and the trail became sticky they seemed to clog up and harder to push, really bad crossing a soft dirt road to get to another trail would hold mud for awhile in the runners till they cleared out, this is where single runners shined, still pushed in the corners when things were soft also, the factory tuners were not so good in the flotation area ether, I went to the VK pro ski with stud boy deuces and shims, this set up seemed to work good for my area riding trails and floatation was way better in the deep along with steering with the deeper keel, need some more time with this set up where our winter was short lived last year but the little time I spent on them seemed to work good.

Best bang for the buck would be agressive Snotrackers

I run apex mountain skis and they are great for cutting down into the packed under the powder on the top. Float really good off trail too and are cheaper to buy than curves as most of the hardware needed is on your old skis for the handles and runners. I do recommend getting the spindle tubes, spacers and bolts for apex mtx as only shiming with washers will break the bolt on a hard ski hit.

I do own a set of curve sx skis and prefer the mtx ones in most conditions.

I have a pair of yamaha single keel ski's with the aggressive snowtrackers on them i would sell for $200 +shipping. They would need handles, i took them off to use.

What are those skis off of? Do you have any pics that show the condition of the trackers and skis? How come your not using them? Thanks

They were on my 2011 apex xtx when i bought it, not sure if their off apex or nytro. I put my pilot ski's on, just used to them, tradeing sled in now for sidewinder so don't need them. If you pm me with email i will try and send you pics.

Back