• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best fix for Primary Spring Binding and Secondary Rollers

LouTurbo

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
Pilot Skiis
STOLEN Nov.14, 2022
Who has the best aftermarket fix for this - or what can I get the dealer to do to eliminate this altogether. My primary spring is chewed on the outer edges.
Keeping sled stock.

Who has the best aftermarket fix for this - or what can I get the dealer to do to eliminate this altogether. My primary spring is chewed on the outer edges.
Keeping sled stock.
It doesn't seem to matter what spring is in the primary it will chew up the sides I have tried TP orange TP black and yam white white white and they all have the paint wore off the sides with just a few miles on them

I want to keep my 18 stock too...so this is something that has to be lived with..no fixes?? Does this happen to every single Sidewinder??? I've seen many guys on here with 2017 Winders that have thousands of miles on, and haven't had any belt or clutch problems; are there Springs being chewed too?? If so, it doesn't seem to be causing that much of a problem for those who have thousands of miles and no issues with clutch/belts.

I only have 1200 miles on mine, blown 2 belts. Changed out flat rollers once after first belt, then 2nd belt blew 500 miles later. Im going to try the Cat rollers and throw in a new spring, unless there is a better option.
I dont race, just lake and trail riding.

Not sure what the glide washers do........springs don't turn as they are compressed

I want to keep my 18 stock too...so this is something that has to be lived with..no fixes?? Does this happen to every single Sidewinder??? I've seen many guys on here with 2017 Winders that have thousands of miles on, and haven't had any belt or clutch problems; are there Springs being chewed too?? If so, it doesn't seem to be causing that much of a problem for those who have thousands of miles and no issues with clutch/belts.
Ride it stock I got good belt life out of mine and the primary springs wore the paint off the side it's just the nature of the beast. If you have belt issues then look into a different sec spring, rollers and helix so all your rollers touch and won't bind I don't believe the primary has much to do with the issues if you plan on keeping it stock ride it and see the sec rollers aren't a bad idea right away.

Ride it stock I got good belt life out of mine and the primary springs wore the paint off the side it's just the nature of the beast. If you have belt issues then look into a different sec spring, rollers and helix so all your rollers touch and won't bind I don't believe the primary has much to do with the issues if you plan on keeping it stock ride it and see the sec rollers aren't a bad idea right away.

Sounds good Dieselxtx. I just ordered the Heavy Duty Rollers from Turbo Dynamics and will put those in at set up(not even going to take a chance with the stock rollers since they haven't been updated it seems).

Thanks for the response!

I put cat rollers in early last year, all three contact my dalton helix nicely, never had a single belt issue in 2000 miles, changed belts mid season just because... 900 miles on TD power trail.

Dan and all, Who supplies the glide washers and what is the material?...I forgot all this over the summer.

Searched it - Thunder Products, getting rid of this laziness in time for winter.

In the winter the strong go north.

Incorrect.
I run glide washers on my winder but I'm not sure they are required if the spring turns in the primary the spring would have all the paint rubbed off the top and bottom I haven't seen that happen on any of the sleds I own? I'm open to where there is proof to this spring moving enough to matter I'm not convinced? I'm not saying it doesn't I'm just looking for proof to close this debate?

I stand corrected. I ran some primary springs through my spring compressor/tester and found they do twist/deflect slightly.
That is exactly what I was looking for I guess I will run glide washers in all my sleds from now on

Back