• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Handling / Fastest Nytro Trail Sled??

m.schuey7

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Work in progress since I bought the Nytro in 2011. This sled rails corners, is stable at any speed and has the horsepower to demolish all my buddies. Only draw back is the fuel mileage has gotten worse and with the already small tank my range is down to around 70 miles ridding aggressively on mountain roads.

IMG_20180218_114825259.jpg
IMG_20180218_114328111_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180218_114343542_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180218_114747936.jpg
IMG_20180218_114913082.jpg
IMG_20180218_114659293.jpg
IMG_20180218_115003658.jpg

Fabio,
Yes first Generation JRE Spindles, only 5 sets were produced. The JRE Spindle and their XTX skid relocate was the basis, all the other mods enhanced from that point.

How exactly does the JRE skid kit bolt on? It lowers the tunnel down into skid, correct...giving the rear a LCG?

Mp5,
Yes, their skid kit moves the skid further up into the tunnel to mimic the ride height you would normally have from the Nytro short track models. (when you order the spindles you get the instructions to relocate the skid at no charge) This changes the overall balance of the sled taking weight off the nose. Without the JRE spindle and skid upgrade I would have sold the sled as I could not come to grips with the crazy setup it came from the factory with.. I also did a upgrade to the skid using all factory Yamaha parts mounting Nytro MTX SE suspension into the stock XTX rails. There is a post on this forum about the swap. This dropped 12 pounds and got rid of the terrible torsion spring set up. Rides very nice and no sag. Another recent mod that helps the sled turn better you can see in one of the photos, stacked the ski width adjustment bushings to the widest possible setting. 43" now.

Last edited:
That is so epic. Any videos of it ripping ?

Funny..... I have been thinking about mounting a video camera.
Rode last night in about a foot of fresh, we are having a second winter out here!! On one of the faster sections noticed 108mph on the speedo, not much effort to get there. Wish the gauges were easier to read on the fly.

Its actually very tame and easy to ride, subtle the way it gains speed and rides. You dont realize how powerful it is until you switch sleds with your buddy on a modified SRX 700 and it feels like a dog :) I have the stock exhaust fitted so you hear allot of whooshing and pop-off sounds which is cool. The only rub is it dosnt like to idle when you first come to a stop, you need to nurse the throttle a bit then it idles fine.

Friend of mine made a mechanical leverage plate to help the Nytro and most other snowmobiles steer easier. Used it the last two rides of the season. VERY nice for the nytro. Post some pics soon.

Have you ever bottomed out the chassis on the ground when riding thru the bumps?
Looks like it would slam pretty good being that low.

Back