• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Helmet to Helmet communicators?

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Vector ltx GT
2010 MXZ X 1200
I am looking into getting a set of communicators for my wife and I. I have had several experiences that would have had a better outcome had we been equipped with communicators:).

I have been reading on line and can's seem to find ones that work as they are intended. Most reviews seem to indicate that they are very unstable.

I want to be able to communicate up to 1km and I would also like to share music as we ride. Wife is normally within a short distance but occasionally we get spread out.

Any suggestions? I looked at royal distributing, the ones they have (sacala) seems to have very poor reviews.

Cheers

Rodney

I don't think you will find tunes and communicate at the same time. the uclear do music but wont communicate when music is on. they blue tooth to your phone so you can also call if you get to far away and when it is ringing you just say hello and it answers. they work very well I have not tried others but I am happy with them.

There is a post on this in the General Yamaha Discussion forum. Lots of info

Our group have tried many different types of communicators over the years.
Absolutely none of them work even close to what they claim.
They all work better on NON-YAMAHA sleds!
Yamaha puts out electrical noise, which severely hampers the signals.
Not sure what the cure for that is!
Good luck

Back