• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best ice-schratchers?

Ryen

Extreme
Took this pic on a rental RSVenture.
Ice-schratchers are made of 1/2 inch plastic coated cable with an angeled carbide tip at the end.
Worked great and is attached excactly where you want it.
price in sweden,about $45/pair.
This is what i'm gonna buy for next season for sure!!! ;)!
Is this the best ice-schratcher so far?

Attachments

• 1 238.jpg
    1 238.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 292

E-mail to the guy :kl-transport.ostersund@telia.com
cellphone in sweden:+4670-5841590
and fax:+4663-34380
adress:kent lindgren
rödögården 1647
835 91 krokom

to suisse sledder:you'll get what you pay for.how well do they work on an icy surface?

yamaha have now copied the ice schratchers that are shown in the first picture. :D
I've bought a pair and they work great. :Rockon:
they are called ICE CLAW and the partno:scrap-er001
Price in sweden:about $70,but probably a lot cheaper in the US.

ps. got them for free

Both look like a good deal and easy to install. The cable one I really the position where it is mounted.

Here's some pics of yamaha's copied schratchers.
The difference from the tailgate cable is what you see at the end.
The tips are made from hardox 400.
The tips where sharp to begin with,and got this worn from about 200 miles
of icy trails and a lot of road passings.
And the best of all:I got them for free from my dealer,and a set of hyperfax to. ;)!
I'll guess it pays of to complain sometimes :D

Attachments

• 1 577.jpg
    1 577.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 1 578.jpg
    1 578.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 254
they are not stiff enough for ice.
And they hold up like crap, used them for three days on my MTN, and the plastic fell off and the scratchers wouldn't stick down to the snow. they just couldn't take my riding, but hey, they've held up a whole season on my fathers Venture, sooo, if you never exceed 50KM/h, you should be just fine with those.

Sorry to hear that.
They've been working just fine for me,maybe because i've taken them of when they aren't needed(when there is 5cm or more of fresh snow).
Then you really don't need them,do you?

no, that's true, but they don't brake in 5cm of snow. They break when it's icy, and bumpy. Think mine broke when I climbed an old avy area. The avy had frozen, and when the scratchers hit the bumps, the plastic fell off, and they wouldn't stick to the ground anymore.

I'll guess it all depends on the riding conditions.
We never get extremly icy trails were i live,just very hard packed snow and VERY bumpy.
I still got all the plastic on mine,BUT they could have been a little stiffer.

Back