• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

best mods for powder

Photos...again.

Attachments

• 02-01-06 pod hole and pipe 005 (Small).jpg
    02-01-06 pod hole and pipe 005 (Small).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 02-06-06 Exhaust 002 (Small).jpg
    02-06-06 Exhaust 002 (Small).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 02-06-06 Exhaust 003 (Small).jpg
    02-06-06 Exhaust 003 (Small).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 100
It is a store called Napa!!! Just take your exhaust off, get a 2" aftermarket glasspack from napa, carquest, shucks for about $30. Then have a muffler shop cut your pipe at the Xover just like in Kachess' pix and they weld the new pipe on. You can get them in different lengths. I ended up with a longer one that is 24" which I thought would be too long but in the end it actually ends right at my coolant crossover. It works perfect.

Rt

does the pack give it more power or just wieght loss. So do you guys think with a stock track and a 141 m7 skid and a glass muffler i could himark or hang with 800 poo 151's

stock track and 141" M7 skid

hang with a DOO-Doo .....NO , unless it's boosted! Go with a longer track and then it's more realistic. Remember the Doo use's a 16x151 track which equals a 159" x15" track....and it's considerably lighter! But you never know , rider has alot to do with it! I'd get some rail extentions and put a longer track on it....just my .02 How about some pics..... how do you like the new skid?

If you don't want to spend alot of money making the sled lighter right off the bat, do the following; get the bars as tall as possible for better leverage while boondocking in and around trees, ditch the sway bar, get a taller seat (I have a BOSS high rise and love it), MPI transfer enhancement kit (or Thrusted Vectors mod).

You'll sacrifice some trail manners without the swaybar but it helps get sled over alot better while sidehilling and carving. Taller bars help with leverage in this department also. The taller seat will place your hips above your knees alowing a easier transition from sitting to standing. The MPI kit will give a better transfer to help the front float but, the angle of attack (track angle in the front) sucks on a stock yamaha skid. My wife's 900 RMK 151" track has as much track on the snow as my 162" track on my RX-1.

If you do the MPI transfer kit, set your rear shock to full soft and the front to the middle to help left the front. Also look at your rails just ahead of the rear idlers. The bolt on the rear scissor (left side of sled ) was hitting on my sled causing me to think the rear suspension was bottoming out. Once I cut the bolt even with the nut and cut both rails down about 1/2" it no longer felt like the suspension was hitting bottom.

Attached is a picture of my '03 with my modified stock skid and an APEX with a Holz coil over skid. Notice the rear shock drops down simialr to a Holz (not Holtz) skid . It also shows the taller bars, seat, and the area cut off the top of the rails just ahead of my MPI rail extensions for the 162" track.

Here's the link to the Holz skid for the RX-1; www.holzracingproducts.com/oscommerce/p ... cts_id=211

Jim

Attachments

• apexholzrearweb.gif
    apexholzrearweb.gif
    90.3 KB · Views: 103
  • RX-1mtn Update 11-20-05.jpg
    RX-1mtn Update 11-20-05.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 92

Back