• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best permanent way to fix the leaky donuts

psykes87

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha apex ER 121 2007
Hello, apologies if this has been discussed

My apex 2007 er with 8xxx km has a small exhaust leak. I heard about the gaskets made of cooper but some warn against them because the eat up the pipes. Is this true? Where can I get the best quality one (ideally in canada) but willing to order from the USA if needed.

Heard yamaha updated the donuts, what is the part of number of those? Should I also change the clips? How long those new revised one last?

I ideally wanna do this job once

thanks!!

FX Garage Works they are out of canada and eliminate them dang donuts!

Hello, apologies if this has been discussed

My apex 2007 er with 8xxx km has a small exhaust leak. I heard about the gaskets made of cooper but some warn against them because the eat up the pipes. Is this true? Where can I get the best quality one (ideally in canada) but willing to order from the USA if needed.

Heard yamaha updated the donuts, what is the part of number of those? Should I also change the clips? How long those new revised one last?

I ideally wanna do this job once

thanks!!
If your sled still has the original titanium header pipes, I would recommend changing to the newer steel pipes.

I would just replace the donuts with the Yamaha ones. Its not that big of a deal. I changed mine for the first time this summer.

In what year did they install the new steel pipes. I have a 2018 Vector & the pipes broke at the y-pipe.
The Vectors were always steel.
I can't remember for sure what year the Apex switched back to steel, but the 06 and 07 Apex were titanium for sure from the factory.

I have worked on and repaired exhaust systems on several Warrior's and Apex's, including 2006,2007, 2008 Apex's and Attak's. I owned an 04 Warrior and I presently have a 2011 Apex. I'm a Welder/ Mechanic by trade. I have replaced the Exhaust donuts on many of these Yamaha's and I use The Copper Donuts! I have welded cracked and and damaged exhaust on many occasions and I know what type of material they are made of. 2003 -2010 are Stainless Steel, 2011-2018 with EXUP are Titanium. I have not worked on any Vector's but they are probably Stainless Steel?

03-04 RX-1's were steel head pipes.
05 RX-1 titanium.
06-09 Apex titanium.
2010 Apex steel.
2011 and up titanium(EXUP style).

This is what I’ve seen over the years as well.

Why did they use titanium to save ounces when the only thing anyone cares about on the Apex is the engine?

I owned and repaired my 04 Warrior's Exhaust by welding a break at the crossover, and I am a Certified welder! They are Stainless Steel! I've also welded 2006-2008 Apex exhaust for customers and they are Stainless Steel! I presently own a 2011 Apex with EXUP and that is when they started using Titanium! https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Stainless-Exhaust-Y-Pipes-2006-10/dp/B010GESSQC

Picture of 2011 Titanium Exhaust Being Heli-Arc welded
20200316_180946 (2).jpg

Back