• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

best place to connect a heated visor

pileit

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 rx1 er
any tips on the best/easiest location to connect a heated visor cord to a 2003 rx-1? i was hoping there was a auxillary type plug somewheres but i cant find one. thanks!

I wired direct to the battery and fused it as close to the battery as I could and still access the fuse. I liked it this way as It has power all the time. Can stop take off helmet and leave shield still plugged in, handy on those days when fogging was a problem.
That's how I hooked mine up to.

my 05 rx i used a circuit breaker on the frame direct to the battery.

direct to the battery. I melted one once when I was doing a lot of cranking with a jump box on a cold day (ran out of starting fluid).

Melted a heated visor plg or the battery or ?
a heated shield wire directly hooked to the battery. Very cold, didnt have any starting fluid, and not a very fresh battery. Jumped boxed it and a puff of smoke came out from where it mounted to the battery. It still wouldnt start, went and found some starting and vroom, started right up.

I'm working on wiring one in for my 2006 RS Venture, and was going to go direct to the battery as close as I could and use a fuse as well. Looking for help on what's the best in line fuse to use? Glass or blade style? What is the best size? I bought a 10 amp blade style but it the wire size seems way too big to connect to the helmet shield wire.

only need a 5 amp fuse max if going direct to battery. the 20 amp breaker i had posted above acually shorted out and the wires went up in smoke. now run rock's smart supply.

i reccomend using the same style fuses that are on the sled witch should be mini blade fuses.

So what do I need to do? Lol. My batteries exposed and I don’t want to do this again. Tired of the wires melting. Can someone point me in the right direction?

go to the starter soeloid with a 5 amp fuse tied out on the frame rail by the boost leads for easier acess for when someone drops the cord and it arcs out on the running board.

go to the starter soeloid with a 5 amp fuse tied out on the frame rail by the boost leads for easier acess for when someone drops the cord and it arcs out on the running board.
What about tapping into the accessory outlet line and then installing a 5 amp into the fuse box? Is that a good idea too? I read that prior to seeing your message elsewhere

Back