• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best runners for yamaha mountain skis?

Bradford

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
06 RS Nytro
What are you guys running for runners on your mountain skis? I want to reduce darting but have good bite in the corners (pipe dream??)

I'm putting the cart a little before the horse here... I just ordered the skis so I really have no idea how they're going to work yet but from what I've read, I assume they are going to dart. I've read that dual runners reduce darting but increase push in the corners so I'm thinking maybe shaper bars and shims or something like that

Oh, I'm stretching my RS Nytro to a 144 kick-up and will be running 114 studs down the middle...

I have these skis on my Rage which I shimmed. I am running 7.5" Shaper bars last and I am pretty happy with the set up. I have never had real bad darting with this sled with any of the skis I ran. G.B.

Thanks GB. I was running pilots the last couple of years with 6" shaper bars and had good luck with them

Bradford said:
Thanks GB. I was running pilots the last couple of years with 6" shaper bars and had good luck with them

I will say that I have run my Yamaha Mountain skis shimmed since the first time I mounted them. So I dont know how they run without being shimmed. G.B.

studdog said:
Best wearbars overall are Bergstrom triplepoints

Read a lot of good things about the triplepoints. Any suggestions on carbide length?

Depends on sled,track length and studding. Scott Bergstrom can make specific recommendations. I've run both 6 and 8 inch carbide lengths on different sleds. Currently I'm running 8 inch on Curve skis with 136 inch camoplast Ice ripper track. Sled is 2010 Vector LTX GT.

Back