• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

best rx muffler swap?

rxwar

Country
USA
Snowmobile
RXwarrior,SRX,340,300
i have a 05 rx war,and i would like some feedback on a muffler swap,don't want something really loud,but something maybe in between stock and loud,cost will be a big deciding factor!...thanx to all :4STroke:

how do u go about it,cut it open? seems like a guy did that on youtube,and sounded like a junkyard truck,but i don't remember that well,so if u could throw me some details that would be cool!....thanx 4strokelover!

do a search on here...you'll find some good threads with pics!!! more or less you are cutting it open, cutting out all the center tubes and welding it back shut...the most time consuming part is getting it welded back shut. It is very thin and it takes some time to make sure you get it all sealed back up and don't have any leaks!!! I've done 3 or 4 now...not too bad really!!! i think the part I cuss the most is getting the muffler assy out and back in the sled!!! LOL...

I gutted mine back when it was new and have one not gutted and over time they both sound about the same now. But at the time it was consideratly louder now not so much.

Back