• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best ski upgrades for 2013 - aggressive trail riding

Mcmarkrazz

Veteran
just looking to upgrade my ski from my stock set up on my 2013 nytro
I’m having to lay my whole body over to one side and still struggle to make tight corners at any speeds so need to be able to fig a better set up for a better handing experience.
Any links to a purchase of ready to go upgrade appreciated

Adding curve xs skis to make the front end bite harder and a cobra track to let the back end rotate makes cornering noticeably better. I also noticed picking your line into a corner while staying on your side of the trail makes a big difference. You can't come into a corner to hot or it will push. With the curve skis and cobra track once you get to the apex of the corner, you can slowing get on the throttle and the front end will bite and the back end will come around. On slower speed corners you can either chop the throttle and use engine braking or take a quick dab of brakes at the moment you start the turn to start the back end rotating then slowly get on the throttle and it will rotate nicely. Riding the nytro fast and under control (on your side of the trail) takes a lot of energy and is definitely is a developed skill set . It still takes me a couple rides every season to get back into the swing of it, but once you do its awesome. My nytro will never keep up with my brothers apex xtx in the high speed sweepers, but in the rough and twisty low/medium speed trails it's at home.

The full Bergstrom setup on the stock Tuner IIs works great on any trail, not so great in powder as we all know. I am able to enter a corner hot knowing the triple points will bite and turn and a little throttle swings the ice cobra out controllably in position to rip up your chosen line. Read how many here can't get the Tuners to work, I think Bergstrom did a lot of trial and error including the ski savers which deepen the keel, the shims, spinning the rubbers and 8" triple points (24" of carbide each ski!).... System works.

stock skis with snow trackers (I prefer the semi-aggressive, tried aggressive....same for turning just a bit harder to turn). look into setting up your front end, a arms should be almost parallel to the ground.... a few really good posts here regarding front end set up.

This was my ski rebuild... with suspension dialed in, love how predictable the Bergstrom setup is entering corners hot and power sliding through and out. C&A's always get good reviews and are better off the groomed trail for sure. I think the 3/8" ski savers deepen the keel and with the 24" of carbide, 8" at three different angles, outer wear rod only (no carbide) you always have carbide contact... awesome.

5s.jpg 8s.jpg 9s.jpg 20170920_153516s.jpg 20170920_190058s.jpg 20170920_190108s.jpg 20170920_190112s.jpg 20170920_190117s.jpg 20170920_190124s.jpg 20170920_190132s.jpg 20170920_190142s.jpg 20170920_190147s.jpg 20170920_190207s.jpg 20170920_190255s.jpg 20170920_190316s.jpg Bergstrom Instructions PG1.jpg Bergstrom Instructions PG2.jpg

I have the split rail skis on my Nytro and they were well worth the money, sled corners well

X2 best sled ski for the Nytro by far.
Second would be Yamaha single keel with trackers.
Stay away from any dual keel ski, once the snow builds up between the keels there’s no carbide that’s going to help with pushing in the corners.

Had split rails for years, and they are the real deal on the nytro. Made that sled handle night and day. Finished the last 2 seasons with Tuners and was surprised how well it turned with them. That chassis responds well to a twin keel ski.

Once the trails have some soft snow on them, especially in the corners better watch out. Tuners like to push. If the trails are hard the Nytro will steer like it has power steering with Tuners.

MS

Ran stock skis, Kimpex Arrow skis, Ski doo pilot skis, Split rail skis and Tuner skis. The best ski on the Nytro for aggressive riding in all conditions on and off trail is Curve skis. You don't need a whole lot of expensive metal hanging off the bottoms to make them work. The skis are designed to work with a basic set off carbides or at the most a set of Woody Slim Jim's.

Very interesting that the curves work so well. What were your exact carbide setups that works best for groomed trails?

I put on a set of the C&A Pro XTP with a 10" Studboy shaper bar and it turns very well but you have to turn the steering so hard that it feels like your arms are going to rip off. I was going to try some Woody's dual carbide razors to see if I could lighten up the steering. The only thing that helps me turn is when the boost kicks in and the skis fly up in the air, other than that your arms are jelly after a few miles. Has anyone else on here used some C&A XTP's and if so what was your prefered carbide setup?

Ran stock skis, Kimpex Arrow skis, Ski doo pilot skis, Split rail skis and Tuner skis. The best ski on the Nytro for aggressive riding in all conditions on and off trail is Curve skis. You don't need a whole lot of expensive metal hanging off the bottoms to make them work. The skis are designed to work with a basic set off carbides or at the most a set of Woody Slim Jim's.

Very interesting that the curves work so well. What were your exact carbide setups that works best for groomed trails?

I put on a set of the C&A Pro XTP with a 10" Studboy shaper bar and it turns very well but you have to turn the steering so hard that it feels like your arms are going to rip off. I was going to try some Woody's dual carbide razors to see if I could lighten up the steering. The only thing that helps me turn is when the boost kicks in and the skis fly up in the air, other than that your arms are jelly after a few miles. Has anyone else on here used some C&A XTP's and if so what was your prefered carbide setup?
what model sled

just looking to upgrade my ski from my stock set up on my 2013 nytro
I’m having to lay my whole body over to one side and still struggle to make tight corners at any speeds so need to be able to fig a better set up for a better handing experience.
Any links to a purchase of ready to go upgrade appreciated
Put the tuner 3's on great ski

Back