• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best Ski's

Rander54

Just wanted to start a new thread since I need to purchase new skis this season. I have done some searching and it sounds like the Simmons Flex Ski's are the best. However, the most recent post I found on them was from 2013 so I was curious if something better has come out since then?

The research I did looks like the Gen II would be the best application for this sled. Also I will need carbides so any recommendations with this combination would be appreciated. First time ski/carbide buyer here..

Oh and typically ride non groomed trails with occasional boon docking.

I think most will tell you the Yamaha mountain ski with Snowtracker carbides are a good way to go! and one of the cheapest
I liked my 7" sly Dog powder hounds worked well off trail
I think the SLP Powder Pro got a lot of votes from guys
And the Curves work good on a Fourstroke sleds.

Just search these options and you will find a ton of info

I have Yamaha mountain ski's on my 05 rxwarrior. work good on trail and in the deeper stuff. My brother maim has them on his 2011 apex xtx and in that config I broke trail for 30km down logging roads with 30 cm of fresh powder.

Back