• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best track for sr viper mtx

Best track for Yamaha viper mtx turbo 162.

• Camso conquer 280

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other 3” style track (please specify in comments)

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

quentin lemay

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha viper mix 162 mpi turbo
Hi. gonna be putting a new track on my 15 mtx 162 this summer.
looking for recommendations.
I primarily ride in bc and obviously deeper the better.
Sled is turboed 190hp.
Was either thinking the camso conquer 280.
But also interested in a 3” track
Any recommendations would be great. Thanks.

The 3" Power claw is an excellent mountain track. About the only thing better IMO would be a 3" Alpha Power Claw track, but that would obviously require a rear skid change!
The only draw back to the 3" PC is that they are spendy, ( for reference, I sold a used 153" 3" twin rail Power Claw in excellent shape for $800 and it sold right away) but as they say, you get what you pay for;)

Hi. gonna be putting a new track on my 15 mtx 162 this summer.
looking for recommendations.
I primarily ride in bc and obviously deeper the better.
Sled is turboed 190hp.
Was either thinking the camso conquer 280.
But also interested in a 3” track
Any recommendations would be great. Thanks.
I have a 14 viper with 190mpi and I’m spinning a 174 3” also in bc mountains....I love it!

I loved the 3" Powerclaw, it's perfect for deep snow. Doesn't grip that well on hardpack though, and it can be a bit pricy.
Now I use a Challenger 3X, and to me it seems better. Same if not better in deep powder, more grip on hardpack.
Also heard good things about Composit Tracks. Friend of mine uses it on a Polaris 850, he lost 20km/h top speed, but it got so much more grip.
Shouldn't be a problem with the torque you have.

just put a 2.6 composit on my sidewinder figured for the $700usd i couldn't go wrong on trying it compared to a name brand track cost

Back