• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best traction for my RX Warrior

Theblackbullet

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 RX Warrior
Hey guys, I'm hoping to get a little input on my next project. I'm currently running a 1.25" Ripsaw with studs on my 136" M-10 RX Warrior and it needs to be retired before something bad happens.

I do 75% medium-aggressive trail riding and 25% off trail/ back country riding. With that being said, is there a better option then my current Ripsaw w/studs, like a different brand, or a bigger 1.5" lug? I have read a few things that told me a 1.5" with no studs will hook as well as a 1.25" with studs. If that is true I would be on board to take the risk out of putting a stud through my heat exchanger.

I only put on 500-1000 miles per year, so the real longevity that I'm worried about is dry rot, and that is why some of my current studs have begun to fail and rip out.

Thanks in advance for the feed back

Does the 1.6 fit with stock drivers?
I'm not sure. Better check. The pitch is fine and the drivers will turn it. Just not sure about clearance. I bought the ice attack last year for my XTX. I would have preferred the 1.6 Cobra for better off trail performance.

I put on a 1.5 Intense this season on my RX-1 this year. Also stretched it to 136". Amazing hook up coming from a 121" 1.25" ripsaw. I did have to take out my stud protectors to make it fit.

Thanks for the input. I think I'm down to the 1.5 intense or the 1.6 ice attack. It will probably go on this summer.

Back