• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Better than staring at grass!

biffdotorg

VIP Member
Website
www.biff.org
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex XTX and Viper LTX SE
WEBSITE
www.biff.org
So we headed up to Osage, MN to look for snow. We were finding plenty of deep ditches and blown in tree rows. We also found some fields to be very deep as well.

Of course stuffing the Apex Trail Tank in the first 5 miles is a good reminder that this thing is a beast to break trail with.

Keep in mind, this is not champagne powder, this is Wet Cement!! There is no counter steering in it!

We ran from Osage, to Ice Cracking only to find that many of the trails had blown over trees forcing us to back track a few miles just to run ditches through the Ponsford Prairie. And that was fine by us! We did find the snow thinning the farther West we ran. We heard reports that the snow was pushing close to 20" to the East, so we should have gone that direction.

I hate you guys , wishing I took lay off this winter, I'd be there with you.

Looks like a fun ride regardless.
We've had that wet white gold falling since late Saturday here in Central NY, kinda sucks that our trails aren't completed or even open yet due to hunting season.
Would like to have seen it get colder first and a few weeks later but can't complain, it's snow!

Well, it's time for our second trip of the winter. We were happy to get into the woods after the latest snowfall. Most of the big snow fell to the west of this region, but with 40mph winds, it blew until it settled in the trees.

We hope to get out again this weekend, but lows around -23 may slow us down a bit. Or at least keep the kids at home.

Enjoy!

I'm going to get out for my first ride this year tomorrow. This is the earliest we've been able to ride in Vt for a long time. Hopefully the good winter will keep coming. The trails were groomed last weekend, but I just haven't had a chance yet. I can't wait, especially since I didn't get to ride at all last year do to lack of snow. Seeing your videos makes me even more excited.

Joe Bastardi of weatherbell analytics says mid January, and through march, all that brutal cold pounding Siberia is going to punch into the central and northeast US.
He has been pretty close so far, and he predicted it months ago. NOAA uses garbage in garbage out in the gfs forecast computer as they are NATURAL climate change deniars and need to prove we are killing the planet.

So we had a huge flux in the weather. Last weekend we had 20 below and got the kids out for a 53 mile run. Heck, the GoPro didn't run past the parking lot

This week before Christmas we had temps above freezing all week.

So it's the Friday before Christmas. Joe, Ryan and I decide we should help Tom enjoy his new present. A 2016 Polaris Pro-X 800 Rush!

We trailered up to Crookston, MN for some high speed groomed ditches and tree lines over to Red Lake Falls and on to Thief River Falls.

We roll into the home of Arctic Cat just in time to catch lunch at the world famous Black Cat across the street from the plant. We decide to take an alternate route through Plummer, MN back to Crookston.

All done, we put 127 miles on the ticker and quite a few good ones at that. Those trails are ready for a fresh round of snow this weekend.

Sorry for the foggy footage. I had to resort to the Chinese GoPro on this trip. This is part 1 of 2 days of riding this past weekend for well over 227 miles.

For those of you from Minnesota, looking for snow, come up North. These places will mean nothing to anyone not from the area.

Saturday we dropped at the boat landing on the North shore of Cotton lake and met up with a friend and his boys. We ran over to the trail just West of the lake.

The route North took us to the West side of Tullaby lake and up the West side of the White Earth State Forest to PineHurst for lunch.

We then worked our way around the East side of White Earth State Forest and South down to Elbow Lake store for fuel on the less efficient sleds. Of course we had to do the high-speed cruise across Elbow Lake, rip the river to Little Bemidji lake and back on the Rat Lake trail back to Cotton lake.

Good times for sure!

So Ron and I dropped at Okeson's Off Trail North of Detroit Lakes for a nice 132 mile day in the woods and Lakes.

We worked our way up to PineHurst for lunch, then headed out across the White Earth State Forest towards Two Inlets for a bit of fuel.

After some high speed pulls across the Ponsford Prairie, we got back into the woods and back to Okeson's. What a great way to start the new year!

I am still amazing my daughter allowed my buddy to ride her "Trail Boss" for the day!

2016/2017 Season Trip 7 - Cool Kids/Cold Kids

It's January 7th and the temps are around -14f and the kids wanna ride. We figured a ride with a few more stops were not out of the question.

Snow has been falling over Central MN, so we had all sorts of options. We decided to drop at the Cleem Cabin on Little Cormorant. We made our way across the lake, and wouldn't you know Jarred, dropped us on top of a freshly groomed trail. We go to ride that ribbon all the say to Detroit Lakes for lunch at Zorbaz on the beach.

We hooked up with our good friend on his new sled and a buddy of his for a quick run to Vergas and a breather at Billy's. Onward to Lake Lida for a bump at Hillbillies Ice Hole in the middle of the lake!! Full liquor license and an ATM. WOW!

We then worked our way up a Western route back through Dunvilla, Cormorant Village and back to Cleem's Cabin. What a great day with just shy of 100 miles.

Jarred, Dave and I had January 8th all to ourselves. So we trailered up to Charlies on the South shore of Height of Land Lake.

We rolled up through Ice Cracking and Two Inlets on over the Clancy's at Vacationaire resort on Island Lake.

We made the loop up through White Earth, down through Elbow lake Store on our way south back to Charlies.

What a great day, good snow and plenty falling as we rode.

Back