• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big boy? or back to stock?

jjaredco

Veteran
06 ATTACK- how about a few ideas on the spring set-up? I go a solid 250 with gear on. I put the big boy spring on because of bottoming the stocker with it set up stiff. I had a few problems trying to get it dialed in on the bumpy stuff.it did stop the bottoming though. My off-season thoughts are what if I went back to the stock spring -but put the clip in the 3rd spot? would it be easier to tune? Closer to stock dampening for sure. please pass on ideas or tips.Thanks.

I highly doubt you can get it valvede using the stock spring, to handle a 250LB guy, using the stock spring....

the stock spring is only good for 200lbs..

Contact.. Pioneerperformance.net, and tell them your problems.. he should be able to revalve your shock using your BIG BOY spring to acheave the ride you want..

My sled , with me at 195lbs, would bottom at anything over 50mph with the stock spring set for the maximum weight..

I have the big boy spring and its now set at the min. and is way better but now has more rebound than i would like, but only bottoms when jumping it..

50 more LBs will make a big difference

welterracer said:
I highly doubt you can get it valvede using the stock spring, to handle a 250LB guy, using the stock spring....

the stock spring is only good for 200lbs..

I never said to revalve with the stock spring. I was telling him to properly fix his problem he should get a revalve. :o|

I wasnt disagreeing with you!.. I was agreeing with you!

He can get the stock spring to work with his 250lb weight..

Back