• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big Wheel Kit?!?

Cable810

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper MTX MPI 190
I've looked and looked and haven't found anything on whats needed for the big wheel kit so I'm going to ask. I'm assuming that the shaft is bigger for the bigger wheels?!?! I see JT offers a kit but I'm looking at SlyDog 10" wheel.

I'm assuming like I said I need a bigger shaft to run the 10" wheels or can I use the original shaft?!?!

I'm not sure you could use a wheel that much bigger without relocating the axle.

In Russia, local companies produce and sell wheels 10". I have a BTX 153. There is a desire to install 10-inch rear wheels. Some install 10-inch and even 11-inch rear wheels in the form of TKI on the brp. It's expensive for me.
I'm worried about whether the 10-inch wheels will touch the rails. Now I have everything in factory mode, it's about 8 inches. And is it possible to install 10-inch wheels without replacing other parts?
Screenshot_20220826_225123.jpgScreenshot_20220826_225108.jpgScreenshot_20220826_225055.jpg

What details do I need to change to install 10"? You may need to change the variator settings.

Our guys sell wheels with a set of axles with offset.
It's unclear to me if the 10-inch wheels will rest on the track.

Our guys sell wheels with a set of axles with offset.
It's unclear to me if the 10-inch wheels will rest on the track.
Looks like a pretty decent kit.
Give them a call directly. They will be able to answer questions better than anyone on here.
And please post a picture of your new set up!

If you go any bigger then our 8.5 wheels you will have to have a offset axle for sure.

JT has everything in stock.

the 5.5 inch suoer duty idlers are in stock now. Very durable wheel that will run on stud heads. Comes with lager bearings or stock size.

for the 2012-18 the 8.5 stealth kit is going to work best and cost less then many other brands.
larger diameter axle, heavy duty Avid wheel with larger bearings. ( twice as big as stock) billet axle adjusters to replace the cheap cast ones.
stops wear on the hyfax at the rear, Many customers are seeing over 10.000 mile before bearing change.

The 2019 and newer kits come with four 8.2 Avid wheels with larger bearings and will stop the drag on the ends of hyfax, Comes with 5 aluminum bushing and spacers to replace all the plastic parts. This kit was designed to reuse the stock axle. The stock axle is very strong at about 13 inches long and 1' diameter the full length. This reduces the cost of this kit over the older models.

for the 2012-18 models if you dont want the outside wheels get the heavy duty Trihub replacement. Come with heavy duty wheel with the larger bearing. The larger diameter axle with the billet axle adjusters. Can beat the price of this kit for reliability.

www.jtatv.com

Attachments

• 2019 Axle & Wheels.jpg
    2019 Axle & Wheels.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 2019 Axle.jpg
    2019 Axle.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Sidewinder Big Wheel Kit.png
    Sidewinder Big Wheel Kit.png
    1 MB · Views: 69
  • 5.63 SD IDLER WHEEL.jpg