• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Biggest mistake of my life

staggs65

Staff member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
76 exciter, 87 phazer, 89 bravo, 00 srx x3, 01 srx, 02/04 viper, 06 ape
1F70A96F-B60F-4048-9C7F-87A9749678CA.jpeg
Been wanting a SxS for a while. Really wanted a YXZ but looking to make it something for the family to do together I opted for a 4 seater. Checked out the Wolverine X4 but I’m a bigger guy and it felt a bit cramped so I opted for a Poo General 4 Ride Command Edition. It was the only Ride Command Edition I could find available in the country. Took a lot of searching and I had it shipped halfway to me for pickup. I was really excited about it. Had saved for a while and paid cash. Here it is when I got it.

375B2AB2-0CAC-48C2-AD5C-8A1EDF9BF48A.jpeg
This was about a hour into the first ride out. We had stopped for a break. Had my wife, son and daughter (daughter in the pic). Everyone was enjoying themselves. This was looking to be a great family activity we could do together.

C61ADEDC-7C89-4DBC-9067-7C1519B5CEBF.jpeg
This was less than an hour from the last pic

Polaris won’t cover it. The investigator was searching for ways to make it my fault from the start. Leaning heavily on I must have left the gas cap off for weeks into his investigation. When I gave him the receipt I still had in the glove box of my truck, I assume he must’ve got video footage from the station of me putting the gas cap on because the next thing I got was a call from Polaris resolution denying the claim because a “likely cause” of debris puncturing the gas tank.

My entire family was in the machine when it went up and I can tell you it went up fast. My son was stuck in it with the fire started on his side right next to him. In an adrenaline rush I reached through the driver side rear and ripped him out like a rag doll. Now my daughter and wife don’t have any desire to get in one ever again. So disgusted with Polaris every step of the way through this process.

2875C11F-6B2A-4E25-8F8B-17605EB1DD96.jpeg
Now you might think the big mistake was buying a Polaris, I wish that was the worst of it. I picked up the machine the day before I was leaving for a job for a few months. Got up the next morning, ran down to the town office to register it, and was going out for a few hours before I headed to Ohio that afternoon. In the hustle and excitement of it all we never called our insurance company to put coverage on it before we left. All my stuff is insured and it makes me sick that somehow we forgot to get coverage on this before we went out. It is what it is, can’t change it. So back to Yamaha I come, with regret and renewed faith in the only Motorsport company I’ve trusted for the last 20 years. Guess it will just be me and my son now that Polaris ruined it for my wife and daughter but this is on its way.

Last edited:
As a former police officer I absolutely loathe lawyers. I hate them. But if I was in your situation I would call a lawyer. It may cost you a few thousand but in the end I think Polaris will be forced to make it right. They’re counting on the fact that you’re a private citizen and will eventually just move on. Don’t do it. Get a lawyer, hold them accountable. The next guy who has this happen may not be able to get his family out as fast as you did.

Damn man I'm so sorry. Things happen so fast and I'm glad everyone was able to walk away. I agree with snowfever27, get a lawyer and stick it to Polaris.

Wow !! Just WOW ! , Glad everyone is ok. I can't believe Polaris is claiming your fault . "There" track record speaks for its self.. I hope the YXZ brings many smiles to your face.

Watching first hand with buddies poo sleds, polaris has always been good about warranty claims. Maybe you got a real dickhead inspector? I wonder if you can get another opinion? Those inspectors shouldnt be against you for no reason. Thats BS.

Back