• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Biggest mistake of my life

I know a guy that this same thing happened to. Brand new Ranger burst into flames in his driveway. He fought Polaris and they ended up paying him back for the ranger,chainsaws that were in it and the cost to get his concrete driveway fixed from the fire! I would get a lawyer. They know there is a problem

I cant imagine the frustration you must be experiencing remembering to register but not insure ARRRRG I do those kinda things also.

I am not trying to minimize in ANY way so don't take it wrong.
But I am so happy that you and family got out unscathed and literally not 'burned' that every time I read the thread name 'worst mistake of my life' I hope it is. Meaning that you nor I ever make a mistake that does cost more including life and health as well as $s.
Hoping Polaris comes through for you.

I cant imagine the frustration you must be experiencing remembering to register but not insure ARRRRG I do those kinda things also.

I am not trying to minimize in ANY way so don't take it wrong.
But I am so happy that you and family got out unscathed and literally not 'burned' that every time I read the thread name 'worst mistake of my life' I hope it is. Meaning that you nor I ever make a mistake that does cost more including life and health as well as $s.
Hoping Polaris comes through for you.
Yes, I am very thankful that nobody was hurt and in the end regardless of outcome it's only a machine/money

WOW ! Horrific for your family, be thankful no one was hurt, That the important thing. Loosing your investment $ really sucks. Fight it and let the world know how shitty POO treats their customers! Happy you are all right!

Didn't Polaris just pay out a multi million dollar fine for razor units catching fire?

Wow that is scary! I can just imagine how happy you must have been to have whole family out enjoying time together. So hard to do. Then this.Definitly call your Insurance company. I know I have a grace period for any new purchases. They have more cloat than the public. Hopefully they will deal with Polaris and cover your loss.

I thought the same thing...
I will have a sxs one day. And it WILL be a Yamaha.

RZR, not Ranger, not General. And even more specifically, RZR Turbo.

I do believe there are stop sell/stop ride recalls on them without being serviced. But that does not apply to the Ranger and General models. There is a considerable difference in heat and Hp between them.

Happyish ending.

Finally heard back from the regional sales manager from Polaris who I bought the machine from. He hadn’t cashed my check yet and said they were taking care of it internally and as far as they’re concerned I’m free to go purchase another machine of my choice but he hopes I will stick with Polaris.
So my dealer is putting the accessories I want on the YXZ, wife is dropping him off a check and my buddy is going to pick up when it’s ready so it will be in my garage by the time I get back from Ohio.

At an absolute minimum, you should be filing a complaint with the consumer product safety commission.

Sorry to see this happen to you. Glad your family is ok. This could have been a horrendous tragedy.

My buddy picked it up tonight for me. Windshield isn't in yet but I can't wait to get home and check it out. I'll be home in a couple weeks.

562626849.jpg

Is that the new 2019? I just saw the latest episode of Dirt Tracks and they went over the changes. Yamaha stepped up and made all the changes the trail guys were asking for. I'm jealous, but not by how you came about getting it.

Good luck and get home safe!

Is that the new 2019? I just saw the latest episode of Dirt Tracks and they went over the changes. Yamaha stepped up and made all the changes the trail guys were asking for. I'm jealous, but not by how you came about getting it.

Good luck and get home safe!

Yes, 2019 SS SE

All my insurance is with State Farm. I know that’s the case with my automobiles. Never really thought about whether the toys would be the same.
In my snowmobile policy from Foremost through state farm there is a clause anything you purchase is automatically covered for 30 days from date of purchase. This is true for my auto policy's also. Call them!

Back