• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bikeman Performance ECU Flasher? 245,260,270hp tune

Brett Allen

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha Sidewinder MT-X SE 174, Ice Age Elevate, MCXPRESS stage 3, Earth X Battery, TKI Belt Drive, Stingray Mods Clutch kit. Apex primay, Nytro secondary.
I've got a 2018 MTX 162 3'' installed a MBRP race pipe, hood exit intake and MBRP fuel box. I rode all last season with no issues but wanting to remove the mbrp fuel box and looking at the Bikeman flasher. I ride North Idaho, western Montana and make a few trips to revelstoke. Anyone have experience with these tunes or tried them in the mountains? If so what clutching mods did you go with?

Have you looked at Hurricane ? Knock detection , field tested and development at high elevation.
My 270 tune pushes into the 19- 20 psi range with the safety , not to say the stock turbo can maintain that boost for long .
Call Dave , 4000 miles with his tunes so far on my 17 winder .

Thanks! I did look into them last year but didn't see the option to flash it my self. I just ordered the Bikeman flasher last night, i'll post up how it runs and works this season. What are you running for clutching, primary weights, primary spring and secondary? I have the dalton QAY-70 weights, Black/Bronze primary spring, Black and orange secondary spring.

Last season was silver orange silver Yamaha in the primary with Dalton DTYA - 1 at 78 gr , 911 cover , Thunder Products Rollers Driven was 33/35 helix , Thunder Products orange set at 3-3 ( going Dalton Black Orange this year ) Cat Rollers .

How did it run with that clutching? what RPM would you see pulling hard on it?

Got some good testing in so far this year, Running 260hp Bikeman tune, Dalton QAY70's loaded to 73.1g, Dalton Black/Bronze primary spring, 911 cover, Black and Orange secondary spring with stock helix, 1200miles on the sled now still running on the stock belt, holding 8800 on long hard pull.

8700-8800 average pull on data logging , mostly ride at 7000 ft + .
Dave likes his tunes in the 8800 range .
I Just got my butt handed to me by a buddy's 18 King cat running precision efi 280 mountain tune. Definitely time to contact Dave and make the switch to Hurricane Performance.

Back