• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Billet Steering Blocks

Srxspec

Ulmer Racing
TY Advertiser
Tech Advisor
Website
www.ulmerracing.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX, 2014 Yamaha SR Viper RTX SE, 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 162 (turbo), 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 153
WEBSITE
www.ulmerracing.com
Last edited:

The sidewinder needs one of these for the top of steering stem. The plastic stock clamp will compress when torquing down the nuts and cause binding of the steering stem.

3A35C234-7BDF-4750-A3C2-5969457D1A33.jpeg

I attempted to put this on my MTX but I had to make a 1/2” spacer block under it to keep it from binding. I’d be interested in a full piece block instead of the spacer. I’ll use this one on the XTX if the MTX unit will be available soon.

View attachment 163405

I attempted to put this on my MTX but I had to make a 1/2” spacer block under it to keep it from binding. I’d be interested in a full piece block instead of the spacer. I’ll use this one on the XTX if the MTX unit will be available soon.
I wondered about this when looking at Ulmers design. The OFT racing design comes with the bottom spacer that's cut out to go over the nuts that hold the the bolts in place.

I wondered about this when looking at Ulmers design. The OFT racing design comes with the bottom spacer that's cut out to go over the nuts that hold the the bolts in place.
Yeah, it fits over the nuts but isn’t tall enough for the MTX. Looks like it’ll fit the XTX though.
7F027584-6AB1-44DD-A2E8-6A483744065A.jpeg

View attachment 163405

There should be no difference in a XTX vs MTX. What you bought is for a 2-stroke Arctic Cat model (doesn't require the spacer). All the 4-stroke sleds will require a spacer (and this is how we have made ours as well, so that it can be used on a 2-stroke or 4-stroke model). If you don't run a spacer the steering will hit the throttle bodies.

We are waiting for this spacer to be finish machined yet, once I have this piece I can begin shipping completed units.

There ya go, thanks for clearing that up Allen. My thought when looking at his pics was, there's no difference in the OEM piece to a trail sled, he's just missing the bottom spacer.

There should be no difference in a XTX vs MTX. What you bought is for a 2-stroke Arctic Cat model (doesn't require the spacer). All the 4-stroke sleds will require a spacer (and this is how we have made ours as well, so that it can be used on a 2-stroke or 4-stroke model). If you don't run a spacer the steering will hit the throttle bodies.

We are waiting for this spacer to be finish machined yet, once I have this piece I can begin shipping completed units.
There ya go, thanks for clearing that up Allen. My thought when looking at his pics was, there's no difference in the OEM piece to a trail sled, he's just missing the bottom spacer.
I have both sleds next to each other. The MTX has a taller block than the XTX. Next weekend when I’m back up there finishing up the sleds I’ll put it on the XTX and show you that it will fit. I held it up next to it but didn’t take a picture.

Have steering blocks in stock for the Japan made 4-strokes. I worked on and built a few for the Yamacat models, but have decided not to pursue that at this time.

Back