• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Billet Upgrade kit can't find?

Cable810

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper MTX MPI 190
Looking at upgrading to the billet kit P/N 90891-50149-00. So far everywhere I've looked its unavailable... anybody know where I can get my hands on a kit?

I've read and read on here got part numbers and just come up empty every time.....

did you try calling scmitt brothers?

the one i have from them is working well and was in good shape still when i cleaned and lubed it while i had the skid apart.

I called them before I found out that the 07s had this issue. I do recall thr guy saying something about it now that you mention it. I'll have to call them again Monday and order it. I did find the actual kit over In Russia. Only to find they don't ship to the US

That actually looks like the part but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: After some back reading I'm pretty sure that is the part. I was looking for the entire kit. I can weld up some supports.

Have Schmidt do the reinforcement upgrade on your 07's suspension. I tried pricing out all the parts you'd need to convert to the 08 suspension (kit isn't available anymore) and it was like $1200 wholesale cost. I just broke my 07 pivot link in Tug Hill on Saturday, but I had the Schmidt kit waiting for me at home. Just tore down the skid and installed; I don't think it's going to break. Honestly if they just welded the pivot link better from the factory and gusseted the arm, it'd be fine.

I called Schmidt Brothers last week and bought their reinforcement upgrade and some other goodies!

SBM only charges $50 to beef up your pivot link, certainly way cheaper then buying the billet piece. If there was anything I took away from buying an 07" Phazer is never buy the first year of a new model because there is a lot of stuff Yamaha slipped up on when it comes to the 07' Phazer. They should practically perfect by now in 2018! SBM's owner Chris is really helpful with his product lines and their overall knowledge of Phazers in general. Not just some guy trying to get you to buy his entire catalog but wants owners to understand what his parts do to the sled realistically. I tried MBRP and EPI for exhaust and clutching which did nothing but rob power from my GT but after installing their clutch kit and have them cut the junk out of my can and put their stuff inside, the sled is quieter and accelerates harder without the ejector seat downshift.

SBM only charges $50 to beef up your pivot link, certainly way cheaper then buying the billet piece. If there was anything I took away from buying an 07" Phazer is never buy the first year of a new model because there is a lot of stuff Yamaha slipped up on when it comes to the 07' Phazer. They should practically perfect by now in 2018! SBM's owner Chris is really helpful with his product lines and their overall knowledge of Phazers in general. Not just some guy trying to get you to buy his entire catalog but wants owners to understand what his parts do to the sled realistically. I tried MBRP and EPI for exhaust and clutching which did nothing but rob power from my GT but after installing their clutch kit and have them cut the junk out of my can and put their stuff inside, the sled is quieter and accelerates harder without the ejector seat downshift.

Thats deffinitly how I feel after I've been reading on the 07s. I'm happy with the sled don't get me wrong. Like you said yamaha slipped up a lot when they released them.

I bought their cold air intake and notice a improvement. Chris was super helpful and suggested some other upgrades I should do down the road. Really wanna get their exhaust cause the one the guy put on the sled before I bought it, is stupid loud. My buddy complained when he had to ride behind me lol oh and my neighbors don't like me too haha

Back