• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bit the Bullet - Axis Shocks

QS3 is the best the others just cost more money..... a lot of money for nothing you would notice.
Like adding 20hp to a two stroke Which you wouldn’t feel.

QS3 is the best the others just cost more money..... a lot of money for nothing you would notice.
Like adding 20hp to a two stroke Which you wouldn’t feel.

Lol , ok. I ve had qs3’s on 3 sleds now. They are a decent oem shock but limited range with factory valving. Position 3 is pretty much useless unless your heavy and pounding the sled hard. Simple to use but not enough adjustment. Qs3rs are much better being able to adjust rebound but likely unavailable before mid winter anyway.

Like adding 20hp to a two stroke Which you wouldn’t feel.[/QUOTE]

Lol

Elka is as good a shock as axis. Go with them especially since they are cheaper. You will def like the improvement.

I know there were several people on this thread that mentioned they would give updates as the their findings with the Axis shocks. I only see one. If you could post your results or impressions, that would be great. It is going to be a very long summer waiting for snow.

Last edited:
I put QS3R's on front with a QS3R in the rear (stock center) and my LTX rides like a Cadillac. Each of the 3 positions is noticeably different, and I use them all, depending upon conditions. If the Elkas or Axis shocks are actually better, so be it, but I can't imagine my sled handling or riding any better than it does with the QS3R's.

Best overall bang for the buck likely goes to the qs3r's but when your told " you be blessed to get them before the snow flies, let alone before the winters over" its not gonna be my first choice on where I spend my money.

Best overall bang for the buck likely goes to the qs3r's but when your told " you be blessed to get them before the snow flies, let alone before the winters over" its not gonna be my first choice on where I spend my money.
maybe try to find a used set , and get them serviced for your weight and riding style .

You check with Carver?

OK
Here is my experience on this topic.
If coming from the basic SE shocks, ANYTHING is an improvement.
Although i spoke to some that had them recalibrated & resprung and they were happy. Less then $500.

I swapped with multiple sleds with different shocks.
The AXIS shocks were 2 "notches" above the QSR3's, but once i had my rear QSR resprung & all 4 recalibrated, i'd say they were dead even with the AXIS.
The owner wondered why he spent $3500 on shocks. Plus having just 3 adjustments frees my brain up.
BUT, i also had mine dialed in. I was 1 click on the knobs between rough & smooth trails.
I'm not sure his shocks were dialed in correctly cuz i felt the dampening was off, but i was not 3000 dollars worth of impressed.

Also, HYGEAR recalibrates the adjusters so they are 1, 1.75, 2.5 instead of 1,2,3 which we know 3 is for SNOCROSS.

There is my Two Cents that could save you $1500 to $3500

P.S: I take PAYPAL

OK
Here is my experience on this topic.
If coming from the basic SE shocks, ANYTHING is an improvement.
Although i spoke to some that had them recalibrated & resprung and they were happy. Less then $500.

I swapped with multiple sleds with different shocks.
The AXIS shocks were 2 "notches" above the QSR3's, but once i had my rear QSR resprung & all 4 recalibrated, i'd say they were dead even with the AXIS.
The owner wondered why he spent $3500 on shocks. Plus having just 3 adjustments frees my brain up.
BUT, i also had mine dialed in. I was 1 click on the knobs between rough & smooth trails.
I'm not sure his shocks were dialed in correctly cuz i felt the dampening was off, but i was not 3000 dollars worth of impressed.

Also, HYGEAR recalibrates the adjusters so they are 1, 1.75, 2.5 instead of 1,2,3 which we know 3 is for SNOCROSS.

There is my Two Cents that could save you $1500 to $3500

P.S: I take PAYPAL

My riding buddy and I do use the "3" setting frequently first thing in the morning when the trails are freshly groomed and flat. We still have our Tuner skis, with Snow Trackers, and if we ride aggressively we can get some push in the corners. With the QS3's on "3", there is no push. I am sure we could make other adjustments that would accomplish the same thing, but it is so easy to adjust the QS3's, we just haven't bothered.

Im gonna have to call. I sent them an email and never heard anything back.
Jon must of got the last set lol, I checked with them and everythings on backorder

All I'm gonna say is Jon is one h*ll of a stand-up guy!

Backorder until June according to Country Cat/Fox. Even then they have 8+ months to build these for next winter. Covid supply problems or not I can't imagine not get here in time for '22.

All I'm gonna say is Jon is one h*ll of a stand-up guy!

Backorder until June according to Country Cat/Fox. Even then they have 8+ months to build these for next winter. Covid supply problems or not I can't imagine not get here in time for '22.
I Saw those estimated ship dates. Last yr I had parts ordered with estimated ship dates of 5/30/20. It was november and they were still were not here. I have zero faith on estimates.Country Cat is the one who told me the estimated ship dates arent even remotely close and Id likely be waiting on them when the snow flies.

Back