• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Black Handguards

Yes I bought a set of Nytro black and put them on the 06 black APEX.

Hope that helps

Yamadoo

Here are the black ones

Attachments

• 2009_FXNytro_RTX_RdBk_3.jpg
    2009_FXNytro_RTX_RdBk_3.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 61
I ordered them from the dealer. Not used off a Nytro
Yamadoo

Get the black/carbon fibre dumbo ears from Yamaha. These ears slide over your exsisting plastic protectors and provide better wind protection. At first you may think they look a little outta place, but after you get used to them they do look pretty cool. Matched up with med shield and side deflectors. The blue, red, and white were all sold out and on back order earlier in the season, black was all you could get.

Might also want to consider a set of the Powermadd Star Series Handguards w/ RSI billet mounts. One good whack and those chincy yamaha aluminum brackets snap right off. RSI sells complete setups. If you want more wind protection, Rox makes extension kits that snap on and do a great job of cutting the wind down. I just couldn't deal with how the dumbo ears from Yamaha looked, plus after breaking one of the factory brackets by accidentaly bumping it- I knew I wasn't going that way again (boondocking in the woods can be hard on a sled).

northerndoc said:
Might also want to consider a set of the Powermadd Star Series Handguards w/ RSI billet mounts. One good whack and those chincy yamaha aluminum brackets snap right off. RSI sells complete setups. If you want more wind protection, Rox makes extension kits that snap on and do a great job of cutting the wind down. I just couldn't deal with how the dumbo ears from Yamaha looked, plus after breaking one of the factory brackets by accidentaly bumping it- I knew I wasn't going that way again (boondocking in the woods can be hard on a sled).
I have the rox hand guards (same as powermadd star series) be! I wasted $55 on the stockers, replacing them after one bad over the handlebars experience, and one deceleration on one running board and bumping (rediculous how weak those cast aluminum brackets are) they should build them out of a poly or plastic, it would probably be stronger than cast aluminum.

I had a guy weld my brackets back together.. And he added app 3-4mm alu on both sides of the boltholes.. Now i have bent them a few times and they still just bend back.. PERFEKT!! Although a birch got my left plastics this weekend.. Damned tree to stand in the way!!!

Back