• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bleeding Brakes...Still no pressure...

BryKlu

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Vector LTX GT
So I had to replace all the fluid in my brake system on my 2010 Vector this year. I had to fill the reservoir and let the fluid settle before any would come out the bleeder. I pumped a few times and held, bled one side, pumped, the other, back and forth and a lot of fluid was ran through but still no brake pressure or uniform piston function. Any tips from the forum?

I have seen on a quad that the master cylinder on the handlebars can go bad. Ordered a used one off ebay and it worked perfectly. Just an idea

Sometimes an air bubble will get stuck at the fitting on the master. Try pumping and cracking that fitting first. You can also try to force the calliper pistons open which will basically send the oil back into the master and reverse bleed the system. A c clamp will work for this and be sure to use something so you don’t damage the piston.

Snowmobiles can be a pain to bleed sometimes. The vacuum bleeder should help. you can also fill the reservoir and leave the cap off, crack bleeder screw and let it gravity bleed. Takes a while but works. Also pumping the fluid in from the bleeder screw UP to the reservoir does the trick. Any of the above will work better than the conventional pump/bleed method

I use a vacuum bleeder and have no trouble. It was worth the investment especially if you have other toys like motorcycles, 4 wheelers etc.
Those small systems can really be a pain to bleed otherwise.

I use a vacuum bleeder and have no trouble. It was worth the investment especially if you have other toys like motorcycles, 4 wheelers etc.
Those small systems can really be a pain to bleed otherwise.

Sweet! I picked one up for my enduro I just bought so I'll just have to use it on the Vector. Thanks everyone!

I don’t know about the power sports world. But in the Automotive world. New master cylinders need to be bench bled. This would involve filling the master cylinder. Putting it in a vise. And pushing it in. With fingers blocking the ports. Several pushes. With fingers blocking the ports on the return strokes would solve this. Hope this
Helps. I have used gravity bleeding in the past. Works. I have never used a vacuum bleeder. So I can not relate to that. Just food for thought!

Back