• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blowing off steam!!!!

My favorite statement of the season came from one of the Dog Piled and now deleted threads so I paraphrase.

"If the other three didn't suck so bad Yamaha wouldn't look so good."

Anyway, while it's good to vent we also need to respect the fact that the owner of this site does not care for too much whine if you all get my drift.

My 05 Vector was one of the best sleds I ever owned. it never left me stranded, but I had 6 others from other makes that did. I had a dead battery once, but I don't think I can blame Yamaha for that. I sold it to a members dad on here & the way it sounds he really likes it. I know that I miss it.

Groomerdriver said:
jlemieu1 said:
dog pile???

BOO HOO....somebody is putting down Yamaha's....We can't let this happen!!!! so Dogpile it. NICE

We have all read the issues with Yamaha on THIS forum. That is why I have rear heat exchanger ,Yamaheaters and Curve skis now. All that being said the far majority of the issue are covered constructively on this moderated forum.

"Can't we all just get along....."(Rodney King) :Rockon: and just ride.

Somebody needs to get laid. I agree that there are some minor things that need to be done to make us happier but you won't find a more reliable product on the market. Yamaha does make great rides.

I understand your frustration but keep it together. There is no way you can convince anyone on this site that this is the first sled to leave you stranded. Too many of us have had too many other machines, ridden with those who ride the other brands, and therefore seen the troubles they have had, to not know that every machine has its problems. They do have their issues but generally speaking Yamaha has done ok.

Read about some of the problems with the other sleds out there. I met a former owner of an '08 Ski-Doo who said everytime he rode it, another reason to bring it back to the dealership arose. It was a brand new machine that he ended up selling to buy an older used REV, which he had less problems with. This is not the only person I know who had these kinds of issues with Ski Doo that year. Be Careful what you wish for, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

GD,

As one of our nameless friends from "the other site" is so fond of saying..... "They're all JUNK".........

You've had your share of problems.......and maybe somebody else's too...... but there are others of us who have LOTS of miles on a somewhat similar model without issue, other than suspension......i.e. my 06 Nytro with just over 12k......and I beat the snot out of the suspension because I'm a BIG guy. It's a machine..........s*** happens when it comes to machines.

YMMV!

I know one thing that you just cant buy, time. I have a buddy that has his F6 in the shop now and its going on 3 weeks. The 2 stroke motor melted a piston on him while trail riding and he needed it rebuilt. It was at the dealer for a week before they looked at it, they ordered parts and then started to work on it and found they needed more parts and its still not done. Its been 19 days since he brought it down and winter is too short...

I went through this so many times with my poos. I would need work done and it would take weeks to get it back. With my yamahas, its been easy fixes so far. With my poos it was motors, and they take time to repair and repair right..

I just don't miss the days of owning cats, doos, and poos. I love my yamaha and plan to keep it for a while.... I'll install the yamacharger and the mono beef up kit. Then as long as I grease my bearings, I really only have to worry about exhaust donuts... Other than that they are pretty tough... IMO...

I own an Attak and it is by far the most wrenching i've ever done on a sled. Mostly "wear items" that wear a little too fast, and that stupid W arm. I do enjoy working on my own stuff; it keeps me out of trouble.

99SRX700 said:
I understand your frustration but keep it together. There is no way you can convince anyone on this site that this is the first sled to leave you stranded. Too many of us have had too many other machines, ridden with those who ride the other brands, and therefore seen the troubles they have had, to not know that every machine has its problems. They do have their issues but generally speaking Yamaha has done ok.

Read about some of the problems with the other sleds out there. I met a former owner of an '08 Ski-Doo who said everytime he rode it, another reason to bring it back to the dealership arose. It was a brand new machine that he ended up selling to buy an older used REV, which he had less problems with. This is not the only person I know who had these kinds of issues with Ski Doo that year. Be Careful what you wish for, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

It did leave me stranded....first time ever....SWEAR on a bible. I've got over 50,000 miles on my keister on a sled. I may embelish...but I don't lie.

To answer some here....yes I'm done ranting. And I apologize to a few here where my replies were "less than polite".

Finding out that my exhaust donuts have to be replaced again but this time they won't be covered, put me over the edge. Dealer covered it the first time after Yamaha wouldn't....now it's on my dime even though my YES warranty is still valid.

It's been a bad 60 days in the GD house (M-I-L died, totalled truck, lost job) + sled issues (dealer screwed up carbs, stator, stud thru exchanger, track shot, donuts) and I just blew a donut...I mean gasket.

I maintain the sled well with dealer assistance. Thought I'd be able to ride 10-20,000 miles like some do here. The Vector will stay in the stable...my oldest son will get it...once I can afford to get a newer ride.

Peace....and let's ride! ;)!

Back