• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BMP hybrid turbo compressor wheel

Also curios if anyone is running this? how does it compare to a Mod stock turbo performance wise?

Well if it truly is a larger wheel you will have to send your turbo into BMP for machining of the compressor cover. I don’t like the fact they give no wheel dimensions, really? How much bigger is the wheel and where? Inducer? Exducer? Are the blades taller for more flow? Do they have a horsepower/CFM estimate? Do they have a tune too go with it?
Seems like there’s a lot of unanswered questions, heck they don’t even mention you need to machine the housing.
Smoke and mirrors with claims of big power.

The least they could do is have one of the BMP girls hold the wheel in a provocative picture....then I’d probably buy two!

:drink:

Well if it truly is a larger wheel you will have to send your turbo into BMP for machining of the compressor cover. I don’t like the fact they give no wheel dimensions, really? How much bigger is the wheel and where? Inducer? Exducer? Are the blades taller for more flow? Do they have a horsepower/CFM estimate? Do they have a tune too go with it?
Seems like there’s a lot of unanswered questions, heck they don’t even mention you need to machine the housing.
Smoke and mirrors with claims of big power.

The least they could do is have one of the BMP girls hold the wheel in a provocative picture....then I’d probably buy two!

:drink:
AMEN on everything you said!! Easy for aftermarket companies to publish claims about big gains etc but "show me the data" is my motto.

From the BMP website: "We go beyond this limit by modifying the turbo in a way that we can fit a larger compressor wheel into the intake housing" - what a roundabout way of saying you have to modify the turbocharger.

Same size wheel it looks to be "billet" which be stronger if correct material it used. They claim it is only changed in the exducer is the "extended tip tech" which does work in other applications that I have seen. They said quicker spool and 10 degrees drop in temp. Just info they emailed me back.

Same size wheel it looks to be "billet" which be stronger if correct material it used. They claim it is only changed in the exducer is the "extended tip tech" which does work in other applications that I have seen. They said quicker spool and 10 degrees drop in temp. Just info they emailed me back.

Did they give you any paperwork to go along with it? I'd be curious to see how valid those claims were or if it's just marketing wizardry.

Bigger wheel more air, doesn’t work as hard (heat) more HP with less boost, stock turbo is small, has to do a lot of work pushing less air , remember it was developed for the stock 200 hp.just saying

Bigger wheel more air, doesn’t work as hard (heat) more HP with less boost, stock turbo is small, has to do a lot of work pushing less air , remember it was developed for the stock 200 hp.just saying

Technically it’s not a bigger wheel, sounds like it has this wheel tip modification which can increase efficiency at higher boost levels. If it’s good for 25 more horsepower I would be surprised. Generally billet wheels can flow 5~10 more air if designed properly. I don’t like the fact they claim it’s a bigger wheel when it really isn’t. They call it a “Mod” wheel when the housing isn’t even modified to fit a bigger wheel.
Generally speaking when you say you have a modified turbo that insinuates you actually modified the compressor housing to run a bigger wheel. What this should be called is a billet wheel upgrade,.....so they are already lying by calling it something it isn’t.
949D835C-6918-4571-AD9D-8EDD34ACA1CA.jpeg

is there a tune offered with this bolt on ? if so does it work ? lots of question , buyer beware ,been down this road with 3 different turbo mods , biggest problem none of the promised tunes worked like they all claimed , to build a tune takes hours of time and money , always sound great but never seems to work out like promised

I had FTS turbo(larger wheel) TD tune for the turbo, clutched it, no problems, knock light, ran on 91 octane to 260hp over 300 on race fuel. Could go more PSI up to 30 lbs but you would have to forge the motor and pistons. I would stay with the stock Yamaha motor with tune and exhaust up to 300hp. Runs real good. I did what I did on the Suzuki because of the motor, I was gonna go more but the new sleds came out,I wouldn’t go the above route isn’t feasible.

Back