• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bogie wheel drama on 2015 viper xtx se 141

Neonblue2

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha viper
First year I had the sled, one of my bogie wheels appeared to have come lose then bent the bolt (or so I thought that's what happened).

Last year on our last ride (2nd year with the sled), I noticed both bogie wheel bolts were bent and the wheels were wobbling and ended up removing them mid-ride. I know for sure those nuts/bolts were tight... This time though, both brackets were broken and the bolts were bent.

I really don't ride that* hard and every thing I do is on trail in the upper midwest (northern MN).

I just ordered the parts for the wheels again but I'd like to know what is happening... Does anyone have any ideas on why these wheels are giving me such hard times?

Pics would help a lot.
I wish I had some... The wheels were removed on my last ride of the season this last winter and the brackets were shattered. I don't have them any more...

Sounds to me like maybe someone added wheels or installed original ones in wrong location and there is an interference when suspension cycles through its range. I picture of the skid in general would help us likely spot the issue.

I'm going back up in a couple of weeks and can take a picture of the skid at that point. But I can say that I compared mine to my brother in laws sled and they were in the same spot...

Sounds to me like maybe someone added wheels or installed original ones in wrong location and there is an interference when suspension cycles through its range. I picture of the skid in general would help us likely spot the issue.
Yamaha had a update to remove inner wheels due to interference like said above.

Was it the 15' or 16' that had the skid mounted in the wrong holes from the factory? could be the issue. I haven't had any issues with the those idlers on my 14' and it I'm not easy on it.

Was it the 15' or 16' that had the skid mounted in the wrong holes from the factory? could be the issue. I haven't had any issues with the those idlers on my 14' and it I'm not easy on it.
Bottom hole in front
Middle hole in rear
Remove inner wheels

If you have studs all it takes is one that's bent at head to cause issues like this. I have also seen the linkage that goes along the rear shock hit the bolts for inside wheels if it too wore out.

Back